Arranged (I)

Sun Mei Ying had come from an affluent family with a long history of birthing multiple heiress. Long before she had even been born, her future spouse had long been decided for her.

She initially hated her fiance in the beginning, he was nothing like the gentle, warm and blonde haired prince that she'd read about in books.

Yet, she found that she her heart raced whenever he would protect her from the kidnappers and assassins that would try to harm her. He wasn't a gentle, warm prince. But. He protected her, was always honest with her, was nice to her; more so than he was to his peers and would always listen to her whining patiently.

She'd wish that these times when he accompanied her lasted forever, she'd wish time would freeze. Yet. As more and more time passed, he grew more distant. More colder.

He loved fighting big masculine men more than spending time with her. And so, she practiced swordsmanship to keep up with his weird tastes. Though she was stopped immediately after being found out. Her only job was to learn how to manage property, relations, her beauty, her image and perhaps. Cooking. Perhaps at this rate, he will stop coming to visit her. She knew. But what could she do? She'd always be told that he may lose interest in her. But even so, she could never give up on being his fiance. The fiance of the heir of the Yamazaki clan. It was her identity. It was what she was raised for and was taught her whole life.

If he were ever to bring another woman, she shouldn't be bothered. Since she was ultimately his fiance. Yet. When she walked in to a woman, bounce up and down on him with nasty moans escaping her mouth as he placed his hand on her ass; she felt disgusted. But most of all, she was heart broken. He just glanced at her for a split second, not caring about her existence in the room whatsoever.

She barged out, bursting into tears. Weeping silently, outside the door where Gun was having the time of his life on the other side. That day, she resolved. She'd never fall for that dirty bastard again. After he'd already broke her heart once.

_____________________________

From that point onwards, it was just a political marriage for Mei. Not involving any romantic, or friendly relations. Just a marriage of pure convenience. Gun never talked to her, and she'd never talk to Gun first. Unless it involved official matters, they were as good as strangers. And she felt empty. She truly loved him more than she thought. But she had to put an end to these feelings.

"Mei! Just leave him and marry me instead!"

The light brunette slammed her finished tea cup to the table. She'd narrowed her eyes; pouting her lips with a frustrated grunt. They'd both drink tea at Mei's residence, almost everyday. The girl was quite fond of Mei, and had enough free time to visit as well.

"That Fiance of yours is good for nothing! Doesn't he understand a girl's heart!?"

She crossed her arms aggressively as she turned her body. Her eyes narrowed even further. Mei chuckled gently; adding a sugar cube to her own tea, gently stirring it.

"Vivi, I'm not curious to hear about what outrageous things he did this time."

Vivi pouted, resting her head to the table. Looking away in frustration. Vivi was technically Mei's best friend, she'd always been there for her. And always got angry on her behalf too.

"There there, thanks for worrying for me. Vivi."

She chuckled softly, patting the sullen Vivi in the back. Vivi groaned, slowly sitting up.