Arranged (II)

As they walked around, a tall guy came running to hug her with a big grin; only to be kicked in the face by Gun in response.

"Owwie! Gun you meanie!"

Mei widened her eyes. Was this normal in Korea? Kicking someone in the face? She doubted. She'd already done her research on Korea. And there were no such common practice, though this blonde guy was acting way too casual after getting kicked in the face.

She rushed over to help the collapsed man, reaching out a hand with a look of concern.

"Are you alright?"

The blonde guy grinned, caressing her hand before actually taking it. She flinched at his caress, feeling slight discomfort. What a peculiar man...is this korean greeting? Gun clicked his tongue in irritation, letting go of her hand. As the blonde guy with goofy glasses stood up, she actually noticed a resemblance between him and gun. Probably due to the spectacles, Gun used to wear similar ones before he changed it to black.

"You must be Mei? Daughter of Gun?!"

He grabbed her shoulders with a smirk on his face, he must probably be teasing Gun.

"Fiance." Gun corrected.

"What a shame. I would've married her if she was your daughter."

The blonde man sighed, looking a bit regretful. Though Mei just looked confused. Was this a Korean people joke? Or is he actually serious. She couldn't tell. Either way she was concerned.

"Even if she was my daughter, you'd be better off not having a woman."

Gun scorned, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. The blonde ignored Gun. He glanced at her with an a his silly little smirk widening, carefully looking at her.
He leaned close, too close for comfort.

"You know, you can always kiss me anytime. Beautiful."

She flinches, her breath hitching as her cheeks flushed. She could feel his warm breath on her skin and she looked at him in disbelief and confusion; covering her ear with two hands, before Gun suddenly pulled her away from him.

The blonde man's grin widened, amused with the situation.

"My name is Goo. Lady."

He took a step forward, gently playing with her hair, smirking as he did so.

"And you'll be living with me as well."

Gun frowned, his arms tightly crossed as he grit his teeth in annoyance.

"What are you doing to someone else's fiance?"

She looked at them both. Ah. So Goo was probably flirting, she'd thought it was weird even if it was a Korean greeting. She pushed away Goo's hand and sighed.

"So? Can you guys just hurry up and lead the way?"

"Of course~ Gun, I'm sure you know that chairman is calling for you."

Gun eyed Goo with an annoyed grunt. He wasn't having any of this. Then Goo grabbed you by the hand, leading Mei to her new home. Gun just standing there, bewildered.

____________________________

A few months have passed quietly. Gun wasn't as touchy and bothersome as he was on the first day, he probably got the hint that she absolutely wanted nothing to do with him. Goo was as mischievous as ever, initiating intimate contact every chance he got. She found out the second week after living with Goo, that Gun owed him something. And hence repaid that favor by allowing Goo to live in his house.

Though, it was pretty lonely. Despite the house being inhabited by three people, Gun and Goo were almost never home. It was like she was living by herself. One year in, they were getting even more busy. Not coming home for about a month straight, leaving her alone in the large, cold apartment.

It was then, that her rope broke. She was still young, so she wanted to temporarily experience school. She'd been homeschooled her whole life, and she really wanted to go. Months after searching for high schools, there was only one that wanted to temporarily accept her. Though she was quite suspicious of it. Her academics weren't bad, so there must be a reason they wouldn't accept her. Probably her brother, who always interfered in every aspect of her life. She figured, he must've reached out his influence to schools, to not accept her.

Though, J high was open for some reason. She'd hear a lot of bad things about that high school, but it can't be that bad right?

And so, J high was still as picky. The only department that accepted her, was the fashion department. She didn't care. Rather, she was thankful she got to wore uniform and styled clothing. Though her timing was awkward, since she was transferring halfway through the year. She would have to struggle fitting in to classmates who had already formed bonds.

She sighed in relief, looking at her school uniform before lying in her bed.

_______________________________

Mei ying had a habit of humming songs when she knew she was alone. She hummed the song, "fly me to the moon" By Frank Sinatra as she tied her hair up to a ponytail; letting her side bangs loose, which framed her face perfectly. She'd worn her ironed uniform and twirled her skirt in front of the mirror.

She'd made adjustments to the uniform, replacing the mini skirt with a box pleated skirt of the same color. She applied lipgloss to her skin, and sprayed on her favourite perfume; She'd always been a fan of Vanilla, and the perfume she'd sprayed on herself had a delicately floral, creamy and sweet smell. It was light yet divine.

It was the type of smell that made her eyes roll back from how good it is. Of course. She's exaggerating. But even so, she strongly believed that a person's scent is the most important trait.

"What a nice voice."

Goo came in, widening his eyes to see Mei in her uniform. He then grinned widely, his hands snaking around her waist.

"Aw, you're going to do roleplay with me?"

"No. I'm going to school."

She replied sternly, lifting her wrist to check the time. Goo raised an eye brow, his smirk growing as he grabbed her wrist and pinned her against the wall. His fingers intimately intertwining with her, and his lips a few centimeters away.

"Too bad. Seeing you like that really turns me on-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Gun kicked him from the back. Goo raised his hands up, grinning as he patted the part where he got kicked.

"I meant to say that I'll turn on my car to drive her to school!"

Gun glanced at her, up and down. His expression was indifferent, yet his aura seemed a bit off.

"J high?" Gun asked.

Goo smirked, pushing his glasses back with a goofy tone.

"That's right. Our lady here is going to go there. What a coincidence."

Mei just sighed, leaving the both of them in their silly rivalry. Though, a car caught up to her as she walked to school. It was Gun's. And he offered her a ride. She stared at him for a second, before agreeing. She might as well take the free ride.

And so, as expected with Gun. The rest of the ride was as silent as it could be and only the sound of the engine could be heard. After they arrived, he came out of his seat to open the door for her; escorting her out.

"Thank you." She said.

"Goodluck." He waved at her, waiting for her to enter before driving away.