School (II)

School. School.

It wasn't like how she'd expected at all.
Passing notes to each other as the teacher teaches.
Whispering, giggling secretly.
Exchanging letters.

None of it was there. Instead. The teacher just decided to leave the class after taking a roll call. She sighed, resting her head on her palm. Scribbling the architecture of her classroom.

"Woah. You can become an artist with that!" The light brunette girl beamed before Mei. Her face flushed, at the thought of herself becoming an artist.

"That would be... Nice."

She chuckled, and the brunette tilted her head.

"Are you not planning to become one? Your drawings are really pretty, they capture the mood perfectly." She added.

Mei chuckled gently before looking up at the girl.

"I would like to become one. If I could."

Their conversation seemed to have long caught the attention of her seatmates, which Mei hadn't noticed. She quickly tried to change the subject.

"What's your name?" She asked in hushed tones, a smile painted on her mouth.

"It's Mira Kim." The girl smiled back.

Then the poofy medium length hair came to interrupt your conversation.

"Guys, I hear they're going to serve some raspberry cheesecake at the cafetaria today. You bet I'm going, and I'm dragging you guys along." She said confidently, and Mira chuckled.

"Zoe, at least introduce yourself first."

"Ah right. I'm Zoe. And piggy- I mean Daniel is mine!" She said in an easy going way before turning her tone into an aggressive one midway.

Mei burst into laughter. These people were unusually funny. Zoe smiled as well, before glaring at Zack. Who was sucking up to Mira.

"And that guy is Zack the simp. He always follows Mira around, so you don't mind him joining us right?"

Mei nodded, gently smiling. So the Pomade guy was Zack. And then she looked back at Zoe, who was now stuck to Daniel's arm.

"Daniel, how is piggy- i mean how are you!"

She hit herself midway again. Mei began to get curious to exactly who this piggy was, and just sighed. She stared out of the window to catch the blondie staring at her. She smiled at him and he just looked away, leaving her a bit confused.

~•~

Later on in the cafetaria, one thing led to another. And Mei was now, hanging out with a certain group containing the names, Daniel, Jay, Zack, Mira, Zoe and Jiho. With Zack following Mira and Yui following Zack along.

She'd look behind the group to see Jiho walking behind them. She wasn't an angel of course. So she ignored him, because it didn't seem like he considered himself a part of the group anyway. Though, she didn't know making friends was this easy.

She'd stay up all night, researching how to befriend people. Only for her to yawn every three seconds during the day. She looked around the cafetaria, and first thing she noticed was a rainbow boy. Rainbow haired. Who was surrounded by girls. Then secondly, a guy with sunglasses. Sitting in a somewhat cocky way.

Then thirdly, a gangster guy with massive physique. Drinking chocolate milk with his gang?

She sighed, sitting on the table alone as she waited for the others to line up and get their lunch. She took out the lunchbox, packed by Goo. Apparently.

As she opened her lunchbox, the guy with glasses suddenly sat next to her. His face flushed like crazy.

"H-Hey.. Can I have your number?"

Mei stared at him for a second before chuckling awkardly.

"Sorry, I don't have a phone."

He froze in place, before gritting his teeth in defeat. His rap department friends were probably laughing at him. She saw that and sighed, deciding to help out his situation.

"But we can be friends. How's that? I'm Mei Ying." She said. With a gentle smile curved on the corner of her lips.

The guy in sunglasses froze again, this time not because of dejection. His face lit up, and his face was flushed.

"Mei Ying.... I'm... Hobin Jin."

He said, clasping her hand tightly. To which she widened her eyes. She was a huge. Huge. Germaphobe. She quickly let go of his hand, and tried not to wipe it as to not show her repulsion.

"That's enough. Sunglasses."

The big gangster guy seemed to come by her side to defend her. He was wearing a tank top, with tattoos all over his shoulder. Was he even a minor? She thought.

"It's Vasco!"

The crowed whispered loudly, the tension increasing as the two were getting ready to fight. As everyone was focused on the fight, she secretly wiped her hands with a tissue and took out her gloves to put them on.

She sighed in relief as her group finally came back, Zack, Daniel, and Vasco managed to chase Hobin Jin away. And Vasco silently went back to his seat, glancing at Mei who smiled at him.

She finally opened her packed lunchbox, with Daniel looking curiously. It took quite a while to unpack five compartments.

"Woah. That's a lot." Zoe looked as she widened her eyes, with Mira nodding along.

"Mei, who packed it for you?" Daniel asked, also shocked at how large these lunchbox were.

Mei chuckled, as she took quite a while to open it.

"It's.... A friend of mine."

As she opened the lid to the first container, everyone raised their eyebrows. Including Mei Ying. Whose face flushed red.

It was full of rice, with a heart shape carved in the middle. Filled with sushi.

She smacked her forehead in embarassment, with Zoe cooing her.

"So who is this friend of yours huh? Perhaps a guy?" She teased the red Mei.

Goo is insane. Mei thought. She ought to punch him when she sees him again. Though in all honesty, it was touching to see him prepare this much. But still. He really prepared it in the ways it would really torment her.

Zoe secretly sneaked her chopsticks, eating the one of the sushi by dipping it in the sauce also packed for you. Her eyes lit up with delight, talking about how good it was. It seemed like Zoe really liked it, though Mei had a picky tongue. So she gave the sushi to Zoe, with Zoe sharing it with everyone.

Mei sighed, moving to the next container.  It had some tteokbokki inside, with a letter saying. "I hope you can taste the Korea inside my heart, darling."

Mei let out an exasperated sigh, with her group dumbfounded by this 'friend' of hers. They all stared at her, after reading the darling part.

"He just really likes to joke around." Mei sighed. With Zoe smirking.

"So it's a he?" Zoe said playfully, teasing her even further. Mei just grumpily ate the tteokbokki, not daring to open the rest of the lunch. Though just then, she heard a familiar voice.

"Darling?? Where's my dear darling sweet honey syrup from the fashion department?" Goo said, walking in a carefree manner.

No. No. No.