Beginning Of Fate

My parents owed the Swan family a lot of money, so they used me. It's funny, I was just like a pawn in their game. They married me off to Ryan Swan. He's known for being gentle and kind, funny and patient. But the person I met was almost the complete opposite.

The first day I met Ryan, his parents and mine made us all sit down and have dinner together. The room was filled with an awfully awkward silence with everyone glancing back and forth of each other, not sure what to say. Ryan's mother, Eleanor was the first to speak.

"You're quite pretty, Charlotte," Eleanor looked at me, I could feel her eyes judging." You're going to be a perfect wife to my son. This is going to be an excellent marriage, I can tell. Ryan has good looks too, don't you think?" Eleanor asked, just ring towards her son while keeping her eyes locked on me.

I quickly looked up, my eyes meeting Ryan's for the first time. His eyes were beautiful, a gorgeous emerald green with a hint of blue. I looked away, embarrassed." I guess, " I muttered under my breath, not enjoying the kind of attention I was receiving.

"Jesus Christ! You're all weird and corny. I don't know why I have to come here in the first place. I'm getting married to her, so what? I know what's going to happen, I know I don't have a choice. So what's the point in writing in the face? " I snapped, glaring at me and his mother." This is so stupid. Just let me go home, "

"That is no way to speak to your mother, young man! You're going to sit here and eat with your future wife. I want to enjoy this dinner, so don't ruin it. " Ryan's father, Benjamin, slammed his fist on the table, accidentally hitting his plate, cousin food typical flying everywhere. The rest of the dinner was quiet after that. There were chokes of mashed potatoes on the table with gravy tiny piece of steak.

Towards the end of dinner, Benjamin spoke again. " charlotte, darling. Why don't you stay with as for a while? Your wedding is in a few days. I just will get used to having Ryan around."

" I'm not sure I should, " I replied, my eyes staying glued to my food. " I don't want to be a burden. "

"I insist. You would be great company to have. After your wedding, you and my son can go where you please. But, eleanor, christopher, amelia, and i, well I'll be looking after you too even after the wedding. You two need to stand her sites. " Benjamin's voices slow and almost threatening.

" you're going to go, Charlotte " my father, christopher, ordered, shooting me a glare.

"But-" I was cut off by another Claire coming from my mother, amelia."Fine," I'm murmured, not happy at all.

------------------------------------------------------------

I remember as I walked through the Hall of the swans Mansion the following day. The house was quite huge and made out of wood. This one family was quite rich. They use families like mine to get more money or Marry off their kids that they are getting sick of taking care of.

I walked around, following my curiosity and wandered Upon a room. I heard beautiful music on the other side of the door. But beautiful piano, and a wonderful melody. I creeped open the door slowly, I'm feeling my fiance, Ryan. His hands move perfectly around the keyboard while playing each note. I slowly walked inside and made my way behind him, watching him as he played.

" hello, dear, " Ryan spoke, his voice gentle. Fingers moved faster in the sun got more eerie. I wasn't sure what to do in that moment. I just froze. The way his black hair found to his eyes, that was fingers played made him look even more scary than the day we met. "Not going to answer?"

During his voice again, I stepped my mind back into place, putting more attention. "Sorry. Just lost and thought," I whispered, my body trembling.

Ryans hands came to a stop, no longer playing the music on piano. He simply turned around, facing me. He looked me up and down, studying my free movement. I was too scared to move. I just tried to stay quiet and I hope for the best."You're lucky I don't kill you right now." Ryan's voice was low and dangerous. It gave me chills down my spine.

" I can't blame you for thinking like that. Sometimes I think the same way. Sometimes I think death is a better answer. " I spat out, not thinking before I spoke.

"And why would you want to be dead?" Brian asked, voice calling me it filled with the children curiosity. You need them closer, his eyes boring into my soul. "Are you not satisfied with life?"

"Am I supposed to be?" I raised an eyebrow and took a step back away from him.

"Perhaps not." he admitted softly, his eyes flickering over my form. "But then again, maybe death isn't the answer." he turned back to the piano, beginning the same haunting Melody that seemed to Echo conversations uneasy vibe.

"You said you want to be dead. It's because you don't want me as a bride.. correct?" I questioned, my mind spinning.

"Not exactly." He replied, still focused on the piano. "It's more about freeing myself from the situation. You're just a part of it." His fingers dance to cross the keys, creating a Symphony Of Darkness that seem to swirl around both of us.

"Well... what if we get out of the situation together? Without any deaths? Well, no real deaths." I suggested, my arms crossing.

"And how exactly do we do that? " he asked, finally face me with a glint in his eye, almost as if he was intrigued by the idea. "Run away together?"

"Kind of. We can fake our deaths than leave. No one will look for us if we're 'dead.' " I tilted my head, smiling at the thought.

"It seems interesting," he said, his eyes never leaving mine."But can you promise me one thing?"

I nodded my head, waiting to hear what I had to agree to in order to keep myself alive and get out of the marriage.

"Promise me, You'll Never Fall in Love."