1.9

Percy and Amaya entered the house, both carefully walking around the table and checking out the room, Grover trotted in not to long after them.

"You must be hungry." They heard Medusa call out from the kitchen "I left snacks on the table while I get something proper going."

Grover came around from the door to stand next to the two. "You think it's safe to eat?" Percy whispered his eyes stuck on the food sitting in front of them.

"Percy, I'm not going to lie to you, I'm really hungry and I'm ready to take that chance." Grover said also staring at the food. Percy looked up at him briefly before looking to the door where Annabeth had just entered from.

"Thanks for coming." The golden-haired boy spoke.

"This isn't the same for me as it is for you." The daughter of Athena responded looking straight at Percy.

"Why?" Percy asked.

Medusa walked into the room causing everyone to look down and avoid her gaze.

"You're concerned that I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are the daughter of Athena?" The woman asked. "You shouldn't be. We are not our parents after all. And you and I might have more in common then you think." Medusa finished pouring lemonade into the glasses and took a step back. "Please, sit and eat."

Percy looked towards the others before walking forward and taking a seat, Amaya sat down next to him, and Grover sat down next to her. Annabeth stood standing with her arms crossed.

"So your not a monster, what are you then?" Percy asked wanting to know more about her story.

"A survivor." The woman responded gracefully. Amaya furrowed her eyebrows hearing this.

"You must be a little more than that. There's a fury out there that seems terrified of you." Percy pushed.

"Because she knows what I think of her. I don't like bullies. When one shows up on my doorstep, they end up spending a lot more time there than they planned for. The gift the gods gave me is that I cannot be bullied anymore." The woman explained.

Amaya listened intently to everything the woman said, although she herself couldn't relate to her she felt sorry for the lady and something about the way she was speaking drew Amaya in.

"What my mother did to you wasn't a gift, it was a curse." Annabeth snapped; Amaya turned to look at the girl. Annabeth worshiped Athena, she believed that her mother could do no wrong and that she was the greatest person to walk upon this earth.

"You are loyal to your mother." Medusa spoke to the girl.

"Yes." Annabeth answered.

"You stand by her?" Medusa asked.

"Always." Annabeth stated.

"You love her?"

"Of course, I do."

"And so did I. So did I" The graceful woman spoke. Amaya's face scrunched more in confusion. Sure, she'd been told Medusa's story before but something about the way that she was speaking about it was different. "Do you know the story of how I came to be this way?" Medusa continued.

"I do." Grover spoke up his mouth full of food.

"Do you?" The lady asked.

"Do I?" Grover asked looking at Amaya.

"I don't know, don't look at me." Amaya said shaking her head.

"Athena was everything to me." The lady spoke. "I worshipped her, I prayed to her. I made offerings... She never answered. Not even an omen to suggest she appreciated my love." At this point Amaya had completely forgotten about the food in front of her and was absolutely invested in what Medusa was saying to the group.