Part 5 - Bowling in Baltimore

(a Faith, Hope, and Charity update)

Today, July 31st

Balitmore, MD

Two young women were killed today when their car crashed into the rear wall of a north Baltimore bowling alley. The car was traveling at a high speed and hit a structural support beam straight on. Police believe the car might have made it entirely through the wall and onto the bowling lanes had it hit at a different location. Two people inside the building were slightly injured. Commenting on the incident, Sergeant Charon Motter of the Baltimore City Police said, "We're lucky more people weren't hurt or killed."

Moments after the car struck the wall, patrons from the bowling alley rushed onto the street and police were faced with a chaotic scene. According to sources who were present at the time, several patrons were fighting over whether one of them had completed the near impossible Faith Hope and Charity spare combination.

Police took statements from those involved in the fighting, but no arrests were made. Some of those present thought an aftershock from the early morning earthquake caused the three pins to fall. Others maintained that the impact of the collision at the rear of the building was a far better explanation. Officials from the Greater Baltimore Duckpin Bowling Association arrived and disallowed the spare saying it was unlikely that a ball had actually knocked over the pins.

Police would not comment on whether the two women had intentionally driven into the wall. Noting that there were 28-feet of skid marks suggested the possibility that this might have been an accident. An investigation will be conducted to determine the official cause of death. The names of the women will be released pending notification of next of kin.