Mistakes

Chapter 25:

Madison's POV

I wake up to the smell of breakfast. I look over my shoulder and Chase was gone. He was never up this early, weird. I get up and got changed into jeans, and my Ryan Blaney shirt. My mind flooded with memories of last night... Ryan is gonna freak if he finds out, and most likely kill me.

It's Sunday, day of the Cup race, Jeff Gordon is on the pole and starting second is Dale. Should be an interesting race. Chase and I are heading back to North Carolina today with Bubba, Ryan, and Cecelia after the race. Ryan and Cody race today for The Wood's Brothers, and they qualified both in the third row.

"Smells good." I say walking out.

"She's awake." Ryan says.

"And umm I need to talk to Maddie." Cecelia says pushing me back in the bedroom.

"What?" I ask.

"Well a you got a bruise on your neck for starters. So I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say you and Chase did 'it'."

"Oh my god there is!" I almost yell looking into a mirror.

"Shh!" Cecelia says covering my mouth.

"If your brother knows you are dead, and Chase will be probably dead as well." Cecelia whispers.

"What was I thinking?! Ryan is gonna kill me." I shout whisper.

"Hey Maddie, I'm not gonna tell your brother okay? He's not gonna find out from me. Just between you and me Ryan did the same thing when he was your age. Just please say you used protection." Cecelia reassures me.

"Thank Cecelia and yes we did." I laugh. We walk back out and ate a very nice breakfast. Chase and Ryan were surprisingly quiet. Every once and a while I would catch Ryan glancing at me. I started to panic as he stops eating and stands up.

"Maddie we need to talk." Ryan says holding out his hand. My stomach drops as I take his hand. Ryan leads me towards the back, I knew something was bothering him.

"What's up?" I ask tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Umm I got a call late last night and it was from Chase." Ryan's voice trails off. I shift uncomfortably as Ryan tries to find the words to say it.

"He told me you guys made a mistake." Ryan says with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Why?" He asks.

"Ryan." Cecelia comes in.

Ryan's POV

"Ryan they're young and they will make mistakes. We've made the same mistakes. We are people, and we are way far from perfect. But look at them. They love each, they're young, and perfect together. Their relationship isn't perfect, they have their ups and downs. Last night was a down, they know they made a mistake Ryan." Cecelia says as Chase walks up behind Madison.

"I guess your right." I sigh. I guess I just expected more from Madison. I thought she was the perfect little sister who didn't make any mistakes, but she's human too and she's gonna make mistakes. Considering her past she didn't grow up with positive influences, and I shouldn't expect her to be perfect.

"Come here." I say opening up my arms. Madison walks over and hugs me.

"I'm sorry Maddie. It's just that I'm your big brother, and I just want to protect you. I'm watching my little sister grow up right in front of me. Soon your gonna graduate high school, continue your career, get married, start a family and I'll just be in the shadows. I just have to get it through my stupid head of mine that I'm not always gonna be apart of your life." I say looking down.

"Ryan your always gonna be a huge part of my life no matter what." Madison replied.

.
.
.

It's about an fifteen until the race starts and everything is cleared up. I don't know how Cecelia got so smart, but her talked worked and everything is back to normal.

Madison's POV

From Seanna😚: Hey where are you girly? 💁

To Seanna😚: I'm just heading to Ryan's pit box ✌🏻️ You at the track yet?

From Seanna😚: Just entered the gate! I'll be there in 5 😙

I put my phone back in my pocket and jumped over the pit wall. Seanna and I eventually caught up at Ryan's car. We stood next to him as pre race ceremonies went by.

"Good luck Ryan." Seanna says.

"Thanks Seanna!" Ryan smiles giving her a hug.

"Good luck bro." I say.

"Thanks Maddie." Ryan says hugging me. Ryan hands me his hat and sunglasses before he got into his car.

"So where's Chase?" Seanna asks.

"He's in Jeff's pit box." I answer as we climbed into Ryan's pit box

'Drivers start your engines!'

-Skip race-

Well Ryan ended up fifth which is pretty good. Laia Phillips ended up winning, happy about that she really deserved that win. Cody ended up second, Dale respectfully got third, and Jeff got fourth. Kasey and Jimmie ended up crashing out thanks to Kevin, but oh well.

"Alright Dylan is waiting for me. I'll see you in Charlotte." Seanna says giving me a hug.

"Okay sounds good! Have a safe trip!" I call out as she begins to walk away.

A/N- sorry that the chapter is so short... Writers block... It seems to be getting to a lot of people lately. Anyways hoped you liked the chapter. Next one will be better, promise.

Votes and comments are appreciated!

Thanks!

-Kay-kk