Getting Ready

Chapter 4:

Madison's POV

"Girl! Why didn't you tell me!" My friend Amanda said walking through my door.

"Come in? And tell you what?" I ask closing the door behind me.

She turns around and playfully rolls her eyes at me. She was never this excited about anything, what did I do to make her this excited?

"That the hottest guy on this planet, Chase Elliott, asked you out!" She says freaking out.

"I wouldn't say he ask me out... He just asked if we would hang out." I say trying to hide my emotions. She pulls my hand and pushes me onto the couch.

"Listen.... I've dealt with a lot of guys before to know that if a guy asks you if you wanna 'hang' it's basically a date. Madison! I know you like him and you don't have to hide your emotions from me! Chase is a good guy unlike Daniel who was an idiot." Amanda smiles.

"That's the thing! Ever since I really broke up with Daniel... I.... Don't think I can trust any boy anymore." I sigh looking down at the ground.

"Just give Chase a chance he's a nice guy so I hear. If you don't do this a couple years done the road you'll regret not taking this chance. Plus if he hurts you Ryan and I will kill him." She says trying to make me feel better. I sigh and give her a weak smile.

"So, when's the date?" She asks.

"First of all its not a date and he's picking me up at five." I say.

She smiles back and gives me a big hug. Then the doorbell rang. Amanda motioned me to stay seated and went to open up the door to reveal..... Daniel? I suddenly stand up as Amanda looks at me wide eyed.

"What are doing here!" Amanda suddenly snaps at Daniel.

"I just came to talk to Madison." he says.

Amanda was about to slam the door in his face, but he walked in before she could. As he walked closer towards me I backed away. He grabbed my wrists and held them tightly in his hands. He had this evil look in his eyes that scared me a lot.

"What do you want!" I yell trying to get away from Daniel.

"I want you." he says in a deep voice.

"Hey! Hands of my little sister Daniel!" Someone says. Daniel pushes me to the ground and then turns around to face the person. I look up to see Ryan standing in the door way, angry.

"What are you doing here!" Ryan raised his voice demanding an answer from Daniel.

"I'm here to get back what's rightfully mine." Daniel says clinching his fists.

"Leave or else." Ryan said in a serious tone of voice walking closer.

"Or else what?" Daniel says challenging Ryan.

Everyone knew Ryan had a short temper and I think Daniel just broke it. Ryan suddenly loses it and punches Daniel in the face making him fall back. I quickly stand back up and saw Daniel's mouth was bleeding.

"So, that's the way you wanna play Blaney? I'll be back." Daniel says in a serious tone.

He stands back up and walks out the door. Amanda slams the door shut and quickly rushes over to me.

"Are you okay?" She asks. I look down at my wrist and saw they were really starting to bruise.

"My right hurts a lot." I say.

"Here let me see." Amanda says. She took my hand and examined it, since she was a nursing major in college. So, she could tell me if its broken or anything.

"He broke it." Amanda says.

"What?" Ryan says.

"I have some wrap in my car. I'll go get it." Amanda says rushing towards the door. In a matter of seconds Amanda was back and ran over to me. She wrapped up my wrist.

"Don't do any heavy lifting for a while." She says. All of the sudden my phone beeps. I grabbed it from the coffee table and saw it was the alarm I had set.

"Shoot." I say under my breath.

Amanda takes my phone out of my hand and looks at it. She gasps and immediately pushes Ryan out of the house. She then drags me upstairs into my room. She forces me to sit on my bed as she runs into my closet.

"What is wrong with you?" I ask.

"That alarm said Chase is gonna be here in fifteen minutes. I can't let you out of your house looking like that." She says.

She throws me a pair of clothes and orders me to get dressed. I shake my head and walked into the bathroom. I got dressed and quickly sat me down to do my hair.

"Perfect and just in time." she says stepping back.

*doorbell rings*

"God! He's here! Umm, okay stay here and finish your makeup... I'll deal with him." Amanda says freaking out. She runs downstairs as I quickly try and get my makeup done.

Chase's POV

"Coming!" Someone yells inside.

I hear the door unlock and whoever turning the door knob. The door swings open revealing someone. Maybe I have the wrong house?

"Umm does Madison live here?" I ask.

"Yeah, come on in." she says stepping back.

I walk in and literally was in awe. Is Madison like a millionaire or something? Madison must make a lot of money with a house like this. God, this house is huge!

"Madison will be down in a minute. Anyways, I'm Amanda, Madison's best friend." The girl says.

"I'm Chase." I say.

"It's nice to meet you Chase." Amanda says closing the door.

"So, how long have you known Madison?" I ask sitting down.

"Oh, I would say about 10 years. How about you? Are you excited to have her as a teammate this coming season?" Amanda says.

"Defiantly. She's an amazing driver and she comes from a great line of racers." I say.

"Oh, another thing about Maddie. She can be very quiet and shy at times, so go easy on her. She's been through a lot." Amanda says.

"Consider it done." I say.

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting." Madison says running down the steps.

"It's fine. Your friend here kept me company. Shall we go?" I say.

"Yeah, let's go." Madison says grabbing her phone.

"Okay. It was very nice meeting you Amanda." I say.

"You too Chase." Amanda smiles.

"Have fun you too! But not to much fun!" Amanda says.

A/N- I feel so freaking bad! I'm SOOO sorry I haven't updated in for a while. Life just got in the way, with school, sports, family issues, and stuff. Again I'm so sorry... :'(

I hope you like the chapter... probably not the best chapter.

Thanks for sticking with me :)

-Kay-kk