Chapter 2

Soon, the kids reached their high school. Vivaan reached class 9 and Anaya reached class 7, whereas Avni was still in class 4. While the kids were still in their happy childhood phase, Vivaan's dad got promoted to a higher position in his job and had to move to the USA. Since it was his dream job, both families were thrilled and supportive of him. There was still a month before his family moved to the USA, and the kids were still unaware of it. Considering it was not fair to keep the kids in the dark about the transfer, they let them know the truth.

When first heard the truth, Anaya and Vivaan were both devastated. They never left each other's side even once since the news. Even though she didn't understand everything, Avni was too sad that they were leaving. She was the apple of the eyes of all six of them and Vivaan was her favorite as he spoiled her a lot among the others. She was still not ready to accept the fact that her lovely big brother and her favorite uncle and aunt were going to stay far away from her. The three munchkins have been inseparable since then.

In no time, it was the day of departure of Vivaan's family. The kids were all a crying mess, while the adults weren't any less. It was the first time they were parting like this ever since the kids were born. True, they used to go to their family homes and all, but it was never for over two to three days. This time it was not a short span of separation, and they all knew this. But the mothers made a settlement with their husbands to meet each other at least once a year, to which they agreed.

After Vivaan's family shifted to the USA, the parents thought that when they found new friends, the kids might get over this separation. But the kids missed each other a lot. They cried, didn't eat, and slept well for almost 3 days straight. Then on the third day, the mothers had enough of it as they couldn't see their beloved kids being so sad, they Face-timed so the kids could see and talk to each other. Anaya, Vivaan, and baby Avni were all so happy to see each other after almost three days. This made the mothers also realize how much they missed being together and spending all the time with one another.

So this became routine to the three munchkins after coming from school, they face-timed and ranted a lot to their aunt, mom, and each other about their school, new friends, and teachers.

This routine went on almost every day. Vivaan's family visited every year and if they couldn't for any reason, then Anaya's family would visit them on vacation. Both the family had reserved a room for the other in their houses. Sometimes both the family planned and visited other tourist places together. The bond between the kids was still as strong as ever.

But as Vivaan reached college, he became a bit busy and reduced his visits to India with his parents. He became very ambitious and always studied hard to reach his goal. He wanted to be an aeronautical engineer. Even though he couldn't visit Anaya and Avni, he would still manage to send their favorite gifts and surprises through his parents. But his mom and dad would never miss the chance to visit their favorite children Anaya and Avni.

Vivaan was a friendly and very handsome guy and hence was popular in his college. Given that, many girls were interested in him, he even got many proposals from the popular girls in his college. But he never accepted any of them and the reason? Of course, you can guess it. His so-called "Best friend" Anaya, who now wasn't just a "Best friend" to him. Well for the details, here we go; when Vivaan got to college, he realized that as he treated Avani as his little sister, he never felt that kind of feelings towards Anaya. He always called her his best friend and never once his sister. Even though they now talked less, for him it was always her with whom he wanted to share every single detail of his life first, whether it was a pea-sized or sky-sized, it didn't matter. He always missed her even when they talked, he missed her even when he saw her every time, he always missed her. All he wanted was to keep her by his side forever. At the beginning of their new life in the USA, he had even proposed the idea of bringing Anaya with them in one of their suitcases without anyone's knowledge to his mom(that idea has cost him a lot that even till now both the moms recall it every time they meet just to tease him about it, lol).

When he tried to date a girl in his college he knew exactly what he did not feel about that girl and what he did feel about his girl. Yeah, that's when he knew that he was doomed already without any way out of it.

But this also made him anxious and worried about what might she think of him and what their parents might feel when they knew his feelings towards the girl whom even his parents considered as their own daughter. Of course, he was also worried about what might happen if she fell for someone else right in front of his eyes. All these worries put him in a dilemma and successfully contributed to his reduced participation in their annual family meet and greets, and this was the top reason that granted him his newfound ambitious nature. But he could never bring himself to neglect them both precious girls of his life and that's why he used to send them chocolates or gifts via his parents when he wouldn't visit them personally.

This time since he got a new job and all of them were planning on celebrating his new steps in life, he decided to keep his feelings locked inside the locker and participate in the celebration. He had bought a beautiful bracelet as a gift to his girl Anaya and an Airpod for his little sister Avni(well, it was her demand to Vivaan as she had lost her previous ones, lol, typical sister behavior).

So, is he going to express his feelings to Anaya through that bracelet? If he did, would Anaya accept it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please support my story with your precious votes and share your comments if possible.

Thank you..