Mon 07/11 23:57:14 PDT

OK. Let's test this out. Got my eye cluster floating here next to my head, giving me a double set of vision. I still get a headache every time I do that, but whatever, it's fine. Got my tablet screen in front of me, full of my current reading assignment for Mrs. Jones's class. Got my optical character recognition code ready to go. If this works, my life is about to get a whole lot easier.

CAPTURE-TEXT

Ff1dster 5ofdko 50g##5f etrokw 02e4 okqltk f9rgw otw tiwfjw fdwa _f%321

Nope. That's not right. What am I doing wrong? The image capture code is fine, I verified that days ago. The format conversion seems to be working. I double check the routine that feeds the converter and bridges the two. Ahh. There it is on line 1043. Well, that was dumb. Let me fix that.

Trying again.

CAPTURE-TEXT

Many are stubborn in pursuit of the path they have chosen, few in pursuit of the goal.

Yes! It works! Now I can record any text that I look at with my nanobot eyes. I'm tempted to run to Jeff's room to tell him about it, but he's probably asleep by now. Credit where it's due, Jeff's code did the bulk of the hard stuff by getting the visual inputs into a decent data format. All I had to do was port an open source optical character recognition library into the SynTech programming language. It cost me a week of late nights, but it's worth it.

CAPTURE-TEXT

CAPTURE-TEXT

CAPTURE-TEXT

I flip through my assigned reading, capturing it all into my electronic brain supplement one screen at a time. Manually running the text capture command gets to be a drag pretty quickly, so I set up a trigger on two fingers. I think I can do better than that though, maybe optimize this to capture text automatically whenever I see any. I'll wait to tell Jeff about it until I have the code in better shape. A few more nights of work should do it. I was looking forward to getting more sleep once I got this working, but between practicing controlling the nanobots and working on this coding project, I'm getting used to only getting a few hours a night. Might as well keep it up. Sleep is overrated.

I've got five hours before I need to get up for morning training. One more hour of work, then I'll let myself rest.