I Wish You Would

The august heat burned into my skin as I stood out in the driveway with Ryan and Brett. I was shielding my eyes from the sun while staring at the long shiny tour bus parked across the street. The Bad Omens boys were going on a short west coast tour for a few weeks and were leaving momentarily.

"Gonna miss your lover boy?" Ryan teased with an elbow to my side.

"He's just a boy" I corrected.

"A boy who took you out for sushi last night" she mocked offense. "He likes you" she stated.

"Sure he does" I couldn't believe it, I wouldn't believe it. Guys like him don't like girls like me. "I'm sure he'll take someone else out for sushi while he's gone," I dismissed with a wave of my hand towards the bus.

"Come on Ella," Ryan groaned. "Stop being so stubborn!" She pleaded.

"It's no use Ryan. She was born that way, I believe." Brett countered.

"It's true." I added.

We watched as the boys exited the house for the last time after many trips back and forth. They made their way across the street towards us, Noah heading straight for me.

"You sure you don't want to come to a show?" Noah asked as he got closer.

"Play local and I'll come by" we spoke of this last night, he practically begged me to come to a show but the closet one is two hours away.

"Promise?" He placed his hands on my hips and looked down at me with his brown eyes.

"I promise" I nodded. A crooked smile spread on his face before he shifted his arms and pulled me into a tight hug. I breathed in the scent of his cologne and tried to commit it to memory while my face was buried in his chest.

"I'm gonna miss you" he stated while his chin rested atop my head.

"I'll miss you too," I said as I pulled back from the hug. "But you'll be back soon."

"Come on Noah!" Nicholas called as the others started from the bus.

"I gotta go" quickly and before I could even comprehend it Noah leaned down and kissed my cheek before stepping back towards the bus. "Bye Ella"

I stood there shocked staring at the smirk on his face as he walked backwards half way before turning around while the others called out their goodbyes.

"Ella you son of a bitch!" Ryan said as calmly as she could. "I can't believe he just did that,"

"It's nothing," I shook my head as my eyes stayed glued on the boys while they boarded the bus.

"It's not nothing! Stop lying to yourself!" Ryan exclaimed as she turned to head back inside. Slowly I turned and followed Ryan, once the bus door closed and I could no longer see the boys. "So what show are you gonna go see?" Ryan asked as she sauntered through the kitchen preparing to start dinner.

"I'm not going to any shows" I corrected as I took a seat at the island.

"Ella. You have to go to a show. The boy has puppy dog eyes for you!" Ryan countered whiningly.

"Ryan. It's unnecessary."

"It's very necessary." She said, a loud metallic pang sounded as she set a skillet on the stove top. "Look I get it. You have a screwed up self image right now but listen to me and believe me when I say you need to pursue this opportunity as much as you can."

"Ryan-"

"Ella. Please go to a show. Make the boy happy. Make me happy. Make yourself happy for once. Please" she paused as she dug through the fridge extracting ingredients. "If for nothing else, do it for me." She added.