Chapter 5

On the day of Vox and Alastor's face-to-face encounter, Charlie had organized an elaborate event in one of Hell's many districts to attract redemptive sinners to the Hazbin Hotel.

She had set up a fun fair of sorts with the help of the other inhabitants of the hotel, all except Alastor, who claimed he had more pressing things to attend to, unfortunately.

It was something Charlie was thrilled to put together, believing that the overwhelming positivity and wholesome fun would draw in a crowd, possibly even potential residents for the hotel.

Nifty, tasked with decorating the event to be "fun-themed", as Charlie put it, made quick work of her job, but in her eagerness to help, misheard Charlie and ended up just making the entire event gun-themed instead.

Many residents showed up thinking they'd get a free gun out of the whole thing, but upon Charlie's rather long-winded explanation, they quickly left, angry and obviously feeling misled.

Angel Dust, tasked with providing entertainment, decided to put on a risqué comedy show, complete with a full routine and... 'props.' His humor didn't quite seem to land, however, causing people in the crowd to boo and demand he take his clothes off instead, much to his visible irritation.

Husker, manning the drinks stand, got into an argument with a particularly obnoxious sinner who criticized his mixology skills. At first, Husk tried to appear unbothered by the comment, but a bartender can only remake a drink so many times before they lose all control...

The altercation escalated into a full-blown brawl, drawing attention away from the event's purpose entirely, leading to a scene of flying bottles and playing cards.

Sir Pentious had contributed the most to the otherwise quaint festivities, creating a ride of sorts from a repurposed weapon of mass destruction he had lying around. It actually attracted a decent crowd, but when a rather large demon wanted to ride, Pentious couldn't bring himself to argue with the guy about the weight limit and let him on. It quickly collapsed in on itself in a catastrophic blaze, sending the whole event into chaos as flaming debris shot through the air.

Charlie, ever the optimist, still tried to salvage the situation with one of her earnest speeches about redemption, but found herself mocked and ridiculed by the few who stopped to listen. Vaggie was quick to confront her hecklers, but it didn't end well, resulting in a shouting match that not even Charlie could seem to diffuse.

It seemed their attempt at having wholesome fun fell through, and an angry mob began to form around them, causing the gang to retreat to the hotel amidst the chaos.

By the end of the event, instead of convincing sinners to stay at the Hazbin Hotel, the group had inadvertently reinforced the belief that the hotel wasn't the haven of reform Charlie had hoped to advertise.

Upon returning to the hotel, Angel Dust, with a forceful kick, knocked open the front door, moving to lounge hard onto the sofa as the others filed in after him.

Angel dramatically laid back, an arm coming up to cover his face, as if exhausted.

"Was it jus' me, or was that a little fucking humiliating?" he asked, crossing a set of his arms while his other set moved to support his head.

"Not just you," Husker interjected, his voice tinged with irritation as he made his way towards the concierge desk. "..Can't believe I let some punk get me riled up like that.." he muttered, shaking his head indignantly.

"Heh, yeah. What gives? That's supposed to be MY job," Angel replied playfully, tilting his head back to flash a teasing grin at the feathered feline.

Husk shot Angel a look, his eyebrows knitting together in annoyance. He scoffed at the remark, turning curtly to reach for a container perched on the top shelf.