010. waterboy turns into a golden boy.

𝑨 𝑮𝑨𝑺𝑷 𝑬𝑹𝑼𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑭𝑹𝑶𝑴 Hope's mouth, her rapid breathing being the only sound she could hear as she stood up, only seeing a black void around her.

Her heartbeat beating faster as she looked around, seeing no sign of Percy. Her breath got caught in her throat as she felt tears gloss over her grey eyes, looking frantically for any sign of the blonde boy.

"Percy!"

Had he left without her, just grabbed the shield and left without her after they had jumped in the water?

"Percy!"

Did he leave her to die in the water after they had jumped? Knowing Zeus was still angry about Medusa's head.

"Percy!"

Had she had died when she jumped and this was her after life punishment? To live in an unknowing void for eternity alone.

"Stop calling for him, child." a female voice spoke, sounding motherly and kind, but demanding and rough at the same time.

Hope turned around, her breathing still unstable, making her mouth go dry. In front of her was a woman with black, shoulder length hair, soft written features, what looked to be purple eyes, and an office type of outfit. The woman looked at Hope softly, regret and sadness written all over her lavender eyes as she smiled softly.

She placed her hands on Hope's shoulders, the young girl feeling comfort at her touch as she didn't move away like she normally would, she just leaned into the woman's touch.

"Breathe with me, sweetheart." The woman spoke, breathing in slowly. Hope followed her breathing, it seemed to get easier to breathe. As the feeling in her throat that made it difficult to breathe vanished, breathing in and out slowly.

Gaining control of her breathing, Hope looked over the woman more closely. She had small little freckles littered around her face, just how Hope did. Her lavender eyes seemed to soften at the sight of Hope, which confused her.

"Who are you?" Hope crocked out, her dried lips cracking as she spoke. The woman smiled softly, looking over Hope like she knew Hope.

"Someone you never deserved, my love." The woman said, gripping Hope's shoulders softly before letting go of the younger girl, her hands grabbing the side of her face.

"But Hope, you need to wake up. You are too young to be here, sweetheart. Your father is too stubborn and childish to save you but I will. You do not belong here, not yet. You belong with your friends and living happily." The woman said, making Hope look directly in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Hope asked, fear in her grey eyes as the woman smiled a sympathetic smile.

"You need to wake up, Hope. You need to wake up! Wake up, Hope! Wake up!"

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 breathed awake, coughing up water as he breathed heavily, looking around rapidly. All Percy remembered was a water force coming out of her hand to try and save Hope and then knocking out.

  Hope.

  The boy looked around frantically, trying to find the girl that was in trouble moments ago.