New Chapter 11 part one

With the horn sounding three times, Jarl makes ready. He moves in one particular direction. The area is a higher vantage point with large enough rocks where he can take cover. Observing the area he has to work with is the first thing done.

"This is certainly good ground to start this game."

Jarl puts down the pouch carrying his training explosives. In different spots he would hide them where they are the least visible. The size of them are already small in size, making them difficult to spot. He conceals them the best as possible but leaves a few. The next thing is that he links them together to all go off at once. The devices are not proximity or remote. Each one runs on a timer. He sets the timer for twenty minutes but does not start it.

In a field of tall grass, Jarl and Cord can see his opposition splitting off into their four squads. Both remains poised despite the odds. Jarl immediately is on a small computer that accesses a certain program. It is a tracker jammer that sends out a wave to prevent tracking devices from locking on to them like the motion trackers built into the Iver helmets.

"Now it is truly a challenge," Jarl says and Cord growls.

Jary continues to follow in the direction of the motion tracker displayed on her eye-shield. All of the platoon switches to a range that expands further out but everything goes offline. Jary tries resetting his helmet but finds that others are doing the same. From the observation shuttle the Commanders watch on.

"They can't track him now," Raul says with a small grin. "I didn't know he had that kind of capability."

"He is not the brightest when it comes to education but knows what it takes to survive," Marko says to them.

Jary remains composed with the situation. If anything, he finds the situation more thrilling. Jarl watches on as his uncle gets his troops reformed. He puts both of his rifles together and converts it into sniper mode. Through his scope he watches the squads try to figure out what is happening. Jarl has a clear shot at Jary's head.

"It would be so easy," Jarl says calmly. "But let's give everyone a show." Cord growls and Jarl nods.

Jarl turns to a different target. He aims at one of the lowest ranked soldiers. He fires without hesitation. His target is struck dead center in the chest and knocks them back.

"Down!" Shouts Jary.

Jary leaps into the tall grass trying to observe where it comes from. Jarl does not waste time in picking off those who are visible. A couple fall from shots that would be an instant kill. After, Jarl starts shooting over them. Jary sees a small glow in the distance from Jarl's second shot.

"There!" Jary shouts.

Jarl fires off a few more shots picking off a few more targets that try to get up and aim. The eye-shield of Cord's helmet scans the area and starts targeting in the vicinity of the platoon before starting to lay down a barrage. It is not just to pick off more targets. Assuring Jary and his troops know exactly where they need to go is the primary idea. Jary keeps down but advances slowly with the others following.

"Alright. Let's not take any chances," Jarl tells Cord and changes his special rifle to a different mode.

For over a mile the four squads of Iver soldiers march on through the terrain. Many are on their guard while some pay little attention. The sound of birds flying into the sky up ahead over a hill makes Jary hold up his fist and everyone halts. There is an unusual sound that is of a slightly high pitch that fades after a second. A charging sound that their rifles make but is louder than normal.

"Down!" Jary shouts.

There is a heavy barrage of shots firing. One is knocked back by a powerful stun round before they can take cover. Standing upon a highly elevated position Jarl continues to unleash hell upon them with his rifle. After awhile, Jarl's rifle needs to cool down. Cord starts firing to keep the enemy occupied. Jarl converts to using the pulse cannon launchers that fire massive stun rounds. Where the soldiers are most clustered together is where he fires one shot each.