16

It had been 4 months since YN had engaged in a proper conversation with Steve. Things were getting more and more intense now that YN was a week away from her due date. They spoke about their baby, the birth plan and the whole plan for when she moves into the compound.. but nothing concrete. You would just assume they were acquaintances the way they had been acting.

Today was the day that YN was moving into the compound. She had packed pretty much everything she could, with the help of Bucky and Natasha.

YN could sense that Natasha was a little concerned. But Natasha knew exactly what was happening and wanted YN to come clean about her feelings for Steve and just be honest with herself.

"Anything else left to go to the car?" Bucky asked as he carried what he assumed was the last of the suitcases to her front door. YN did a quick once over before taking a seat on the sofa chair she was leaving behind for her sub-letter, letting out a deep breath.

"I believe that is everything." YN answered. Bucky nodded gently, but just as he was about to take the case to the car he looked at YN. Her head was down, right hand resting on her bump and a look of sadness on her face. Bucky felt a little torn between what was going on between YN and Steve because he was aware of how his best friend felt about her but also understood why YN was in denial about her feelings.

Bucky let go of the suitcase and ran a hand through his hair before taking a few steps towards YN.

"It's going to be okay YN." Bucky soothed. YN didn't answer him. She sat in silence before letting out a small sniffle. The soldiers eyes widened slightly and he encouraged YN to stand up before bringing her into a tight cuddle, her sobs beginning to increase. "It's okay sweetheart." He soothed before she pulled away from his grasp. "What's going on YN?"

"My baby deserves better than me." YN blurred out shaking her head. Bucky furrowed his brows in confusion.

"What do you mean? Your baby boy is going to be the luckiest little lad."

"How can you say that? I got pregnant recklessly, I messed his father around and now he's moving on with Debby whilst I'm sitting here almost daily, wallowing over him. I haven't properly spoken to him for 4 months and our baby is due in a week." YN ranted, wiping the tears from her eyes. Bucky didn't feel upset or angry at YN's outburst towards him.. he just felt sadness.

"You're going to be an amazing mother, YN. Feeling like this already just means you want nothing but the best for him and I know for a fact you and Steve will care for him and give him the best childhood ever." He explained pushing a strand of hair from her wet cheeks. "You'll be surprised how this little boy will erase anything negative between you and Steve."

-

Two days later YN was finally all moved in.

She was surprised to see Steve had offered to help and was being incredibly nice considering her behaviour. They had been painting her quarters and eventually got to the babies room. Most of the others had agreed that it would be a good idea for Steve and YN to do this together.

At first it was a little bit awkward but as painted on Steve had made some jokes and funny scenarios which made YN laugh.

"It would be funny if he peed on you when changing his diaper." Steve laughed as he pushed the roller up and down the wall coating it a dark blue colour.