1.12

The group of four were sat at the exact same booth where they were sitting this morning eating their breakfast. The only difference was now they were being investigated by police for practically destroying their cabin.

"So, we're just killing time 'til we find out that guys like a werewolf or something, right?" Percy spoke up from beside Amaya who had stolen the window seat once again.

"I don't think he's a monster." Annabeth said after observing the man.

"Hard to say." Grover stated.

"I'm telling you guys it's that lady. Why the fuck else would she lie about hearing our voices after the window smashed." Amaya reasoned, earning skeptical looks from the others.

"Okay, well if he's not a monster, what's going on here? Why would anyone tear our room apart?" Percy asked looking back to Grover and Annabeth.

"Maybe they were looking for something." Grover thought out loud.

"We don't have anything." Percy pushed.

"The people who think you stole Zeus's master bolt might disagree." Annabeth hissed, trying to keep her voice down so that none of the officers around them would hear her.

"Right." Percy said looking at Amaya waiting for her to say something. All he got back was her death staring the lady. "Maya." Percy stated getting the girl to look at him, Amaya felt her cheeks flush at the nickname. "You know staring at her isn't going to make her change into a monster."

"You never know." Amaya grumbled an innocent look on her face as she looked at the blonde sitting next to her.

"Well, look, they're not gonna find something we don't have." Grover stated ignoring the interaction that his two friends had just had, whereas Annabeth was making eyes at Amaya who rolled her eyes at her friend in response.

"Either way, we aren't spending the day answering questions in the St Louis police station. We need to get out of this before we get delayed." Amaya spoke up trying to ignore Annabeth.

In the time that Amaya had pulled her eyes off the strange lady and was talking about getting out of there the strange lady made her way over to the group and tapped Annabeth on the shoulder. Amaya immediately went ridged. Something about this lady put her on edge. Percy was very quick to notice the difference in Amaya's demeanor and stiffened a little himself, after realizing how tense the girl was, he reached over to squeeze one of her hands that was rested beside her leg and in the space between them. He let his hand rest just close enough to Amaya's so that their pinkie fingers touched.

"D-Do you mind if I sit?" The women asked.

Amaya's eyes hardened as she looked in the lady's direction. The suspicious women placed what Amaya guessed was a dog carrier on the booth across from them and pulled up a chair to sit on so that she could talk to the group.

"You poor dears." The lady spoke as she sat down. "Your parents aren't here, are they?"

This immediately made Amaya feel even more uncomfortable. Amaya moved her hand closer to Percy's, now so that her pinkie finger lay over the top of his. Percy's face flushed from Amaya's movement but that didn't stop him from interlocking their pinkie fingers to help ground her.

"Isn't that right precious?" The lady asked her animal as it squeaked from its carrier. The group of teenagers shared looks between each other. "Don't children get scared when they're all alone? It's okay. I'm a mom. I know how scared you must be." The lady said turning back to the group.

"Excuse me? Would you mind giving us a little space? I think... I think you're making them nervous." The lady asked the officer nearby.

"Bitch the only thing making me nervous is your nasty perfume." Amaya hissed under her breath, causing Percy to try not to laugh and earning her a kick under the table from Grover.