03 ☼︎ 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

❤︎

Denver is huge. I thought, when I drove here, that 'wow, it's big city and all,' but now my breathe has been taken away.

I didn't realise when I arrived, but Aunt Ava probably lives in one of the most luxurious apartment complexes in the entire city.

Here, it's high up, far above the main section of the city. It sprawls out in front of me, glass and brick buildings reaching for the sky.

Denver has a few parks in the city centre, so I plan to check them out.

This morning, I woke up to a note stuck to fridge saying, 'Gone to work. Buy yourself some breakfast' with a few dollars next to it.

I spent my time relaxing, hanging up my band posters and getting used to Dashner. And texting Bren, of course.

𝐁✌︎

𝐌𝐞 : gm! guess what?

heyy

What what what

𝐌𝐞 : Aunt Ava has a dog
𝐌𝐞 : I'm in love

OMG
Can I have a picture

I snap a photo of Dash, who is currently wrapped around by legs like a giant blanket. I'm sat on the couch, overlooking Denver through the wide glass windows.

After texting Bren for a while, I'm in a good mood. It's still weekend, and today is Sunday.

Tomorrow will be my first day at whatever private school Aunt Ava has planned for me.

"I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to tomorrow, Dash." I whisper.

He looks up and cocks his head at me. Then, as if he knows, he rubs his head against my leggings. I smile.

He has adjusted to being in the apartment by himself, and like Ava said, she works a lot. I like having him here with me.

I did wake up to his barking though - thats another thing I have to get used to.

I got changed, left another note saying I was out exploring some of the city, just in case she got back.

It was roughly ten, so I grabbed the spare key, my phone, and the money and headed out.

Ah, crap! Almost forgot my skateboard!

I rushed back up the stairs, unlocking to door and grabbing my checkered skateboard.

Not only was I planning on familiarising the local areas, there was a skate park nearby I definitely had to see.

I raced down the stairs, my board banging against my leg.

I blew out a big breath. Wow. As soon as I'd stepped outside, I heard people yelling and beeps from cars and the buzz of they city.

Taking a deep breath, then coughing my lungs out because I didn't realise someone was smoking behind me, I strode across the street.

There is so many people. Back in my hometown, the population was only a thousand or so.

I won't say I knew everyone, but you said hello to certain people when they walked by.