05 ☼︎ 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

❤︎

I felt like all the oxygen in my lungs had been sucked out my a vacuum. It's him. Ugh.

Just my luck.

I didn't have a real reason to be so dramatic. Maybe the guy is nice, and maybe he'll shrug and wave the fact that he saved my freaking life off like it's nothing. My life is pretty worthless anyway.

Releasing my heavy breath, I return my focus back to the classroom and teacher, who catches sight of me.

The teacher smiles. "We have new student in our ranks today. Please welcome Blair."

He nods at me, not realising what he just did. Trying to shrink in my chair, I hope the guy doesn't notice me.

Students nod at me politely as the teacher writes on the blackboard, which is unusual. It's a bit old-fashioned.

Thankfully, the boy ahead of me didn't turn around. I exhale and grab a pencil from my bag. The teacher hands out worksheets and I squint at the paper.

It's a simple task, just your casual English lesson. But when the words are swirling on the page, it's a bit more difficult.

Shit. The school doesn't know I'm dyslexic. I may have forgotten to tell Aunt Ava, which I bite my lip at. How much can I mess up in a day?

Pencil in hand, I struggle to read the letters on the page. A cold sweat works it way over my skin, and I pull at my sleeves, fidgeting. I don't want to put my hand up, telling the teacher infront of everyone would be mortifying.

Minutes pass, and the teacher says we can take the worksheets to our house to do as homework. That's fine with me.

Looking forward to it. Totally.

The bell rings, so I pack up and leave the room, but not before the boy. I'm really dragging this out as long as I can.

Next, I have Geography. That flies by, we watch a boring documentary and the teacher is practically drooling onto his desk. He looks ill.

Lunch comes quickly, and I enter the canteen, my eyes searching for Sonya. Sun pours through large windows, lighting the place up, while the noise of people talking and laughing echoes through the hall.

It doesn't take long before she sees me first and waves, her hand going full circle and knocking into a tall blonde boy, who spins and glares at her.

I hold in my laugh and stroll towards them. It's a big group, of maybe ten, and they all crowd together. It was mostly boys, except for Sonya and another girl.

"Hi again- Guys, this is Blair. She's new, I showed her the school this morning."

A brunette boy walks up to me. "Hey. I'm Thomas, welcome to the gang." He reaches out his hand, so I do the same and he shakes it vigorously.

"Blair. Well, you heard that." I smile.

"Where did you move from?"

Sonya butts in, tossing her plait over her shoulder. "She's from the outskirts of Colorado."

His eyes widen, "Whoa. So, you've like, never been in the city before?"