Chapter Eight - Wedding at the End of the World

"So, how is it that we're still here, but the whole of the universe is going down the cosmic shitter?" Allison asks as they are all gathered at the hotel.

"Maybe we're the last to get flushed." Viktor answers.

"Wasn't talking to you."

"Hey, has anyone seen Klaus?" Luther then asks when he realized he hadn't seen him for a long time.

"Or Dad?" Sloane then says.

"They'll be here." Diego answers hoping to see his brother again.

"Really? Did they... hit traffic? Look, people, we're alive because we're special, right? We're the only ones who can save the universe." Ben says, being the superior.

"Uh, question." Allison says.

"Yes."

"Didn't we just try that and fail miserably?"

"Yeah, it's because his plan was stupid." Diego says and points to Ben.

"Mm."

"I got a better one."

"'Course you do." Ben says annoyed.

"We go with the large hard-on particle accelerator. You guys do some science, and... (tongue click) ...we launch the Kugelblitz into outer space. Didn't think I knew that, did ya? It's in Switzerland."

"It's ''hadron,'' not ''hard-on,'' ya moron!" Ben says annoyed.

"Oi! At least he's trying, you shitty little squid. What have you contributed?" Lila defends.

"Actually, he did blow up half his family."

"Oh, you wanna talk about family problems? You know what should have blown up is your face on that neck!"

"I wish I had a cake to hit you with it in your face!"

"What are you talking about?" Ben asks in Korean.

"You better cut that out.." Diego answers in Spanish.

"Shut up!" Ben keeps going.

Annoyed and tired listening to the two idiots arguing, Blake raises her hands towards them. As they argue, a big cake appears over their head. Blake slips it and lets it fall over them. Everyone lets out a little laugh, as they look at them covered in cake.

"Hey! You guys done? The universe is disappearing outside. So you can keep rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic if it makes you feel better. But the fact remains that we are too late." Five says and walks closer to them, putting his hands in his pockets. As Five talks, Diego takes a bit of cake from Ben's shoulder, but as he is about to eat it the cake disappears. Ben looks at Diego as he does so with annoyed eyes.

"Five, come on."

"It's over, Luther. We failed."

"Come on. It can't be over over." Viktor says.

"Yeah, come on, Five. We gotta figure this out, man." Diego says.

"Okay. How about we take a step back? Look at the big picture here. Most of us have spent the last 28 days trying to stop the world from ending. What exactly have we accomplished?" Five says. All of his siblings take a step back, and look down.

"Well, we made some friends along the way." Luther says and looks at Sloane.

"Incorrect! You know what we've done? Nothing. We made things worse every single time." Five says through gritted teeth. As he says this, Blake's hand goes from fiddling with her necklace to lay in her lap. Hurt and disappointed she looks at him