Enemies with memories

(Note: Everything written in italics were flashbacks)

Hanni unleashed cutting rays of light at Minji, who effortlessly evaded the upcoming attack

In response, Minji summoned a formidable sword, an overwhelming energy surrounding the sword. Minji pointed the sword directly at Hanni.

"I never expected you will come this far, Minji." Hanni remarked, channeling energy into her right hand, turning it into a sword.

"Ready for round two?"

"Bring it on."

As soon as those words left from Hanni's mouth, only the clash of blades echoed in the surroundings.

"You told me to stand for what I believe is right." Hanni said. It was loud enough for Minji to hear, although the sound of their clashing swords is echoing around the area.

"I think it's right to stop you and bring you back."

"That would never happen, Hanni. The war will end with either you or me standing." Minji responded to Hanni's words.

"You can't predict the future, Minji."

"Min, do you know how to predict the outcome of a battle?" Hanni asked, observing Minji focused in her training.

"Actually, there's one crucial thing that you need to understand, Han." Minji responded as she stopped her training. She slowly walks towards Hanni and smiles.

"You can't predict the future, Hanni."

"Who says I can't? I'm Kim Minji." Minji remarked. Her voice is filled with confidence.

"You think highly of yourself, which will eventually lead you to failure." Hanni remarked, shattering Minji's expression

"That goes the same to you, Pham." Minji responded.

"Sad to say, I'll be the one to break that confidence of yours. You will never be able to stop my plan."

"Let's see what will happen, my dear old friend." Hanni declared, launching an attack with a light sword gripped firmly in her right hand.

The clash of their swords was loud enough, echoing the differences in their ideologies and the distinct paths they had chosen in their lives.

A symbol of former lovers turned into enemies. The sound marked the sudden change of cherished memories into the painful reality.

The resonating sound of swords clashing  symbolizing the enemies with memories.

"What if we turned our backs to each other?"

"We will always find a way to make it up and come back together."

"That's a promise, Min?"

"It is, Han."

Hanni sent a luminous ball toward Minji. But the girl quickly avoided it. The ball hits the trees around the area, resulting in a huge explosion.

Minji summoned a bow and arrow, directing it to hit Hanni. Despite Hanni's successful evasion on the dangerous arrow, Minji's always think one step ahead. The arrow persistently pursued her.

Hanni was too late to realize Minji's move as the arrow found its mark, striking her right shoulder and causing her sword to deactivate.

Minji witnessed Hanni's body collapse. The poisoned kiss is finally having an effect. Yet, an unexpected lack of feeling joy clouded Minji's expression.

Her body's severely damaged, and she's coughing out a lot of blood, but she never mind that as she went towards Hanni.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, touching the girl's face gently while tears streamed down her face.

In that moment of desperation, all the energy she had, Minji used it to summon a weapon.

A unique weapon that comes with a cost. It could mend others, but at the price of transferring their wounds and afflictions to wielder.

"You have to hate me. In that way, you will survive."

Minji gazes at the girl who's holding her bloody wound. Though her face shows no emotion, the depth of her eyes is saying something that even Hanni couldn't interpret.

"Am I.. included in your plans?" Hanni asked, locking eyes with Minji.

"You're not, and you'll never be."

Those words shattered Hanni's heart.

"Hanni."

"Never let your emotions ruin your plan. Stay ahead of them, always." Minji advised with a resolute tone.

"The day I left the village. I severed ties with all of my emotions and feelings. My mind is focused solely on one thing, and that is to destroy everything, to carry out my own justice, to make the world feel the pain." Minji revealed, her words carrying the weight of a hardened decision.

Hanni gazes up the girl, and the light energy starts to envelope her.

In that instant, Minji realized that Hanni possessed a potential that is even greater than her own.

A smirk plays on Minji's lips as she uses her nail to draw blood from her palm as she quickly puts her hand to the ground

The aura surrounding Minji started to become stronger.

"With this blood, I summon."

In response to those words, Hanni's concentration gets interrupted as a flow of dark energy courses toward her.

"C'mon, Pham Hanni. Come and stop me."

Before Hanni could launch an attack, someone appeared right in front of her.

"Hanni, you're needed somewhere, I'll be dealing with her."

"But–"

"No more buts, Pham. Just go!"

Hanni started running away from the scenario, placing her faith, trust, and everything in the hands of her friend.

"So, Jang Wonyoung, should we start?"