Haunted: Epilogue

Hi, Minji.

It's been a year. I could still feel your last breath lingering on my neck. I miss you so much. Fate really forbids us from being together. Giving us different challenges that we couldn't face. Well, you know, I always went to the lake, and imagine that you're still here with me.

Funny, right? If only we were born into a different world or a different family, would our life be different? I have this kind of thought that maybe our village is really cursed. Just, the village keeps getting bad news. You know that, we've been on war eversince we're children.

Oh, by the way. You don't have to worry about us anymore. We've been good. Hyein's always out of the village for different missions. She's always with Hyunseo. Yujin, unfortunately, she was imprisoned, but Wonyoung visited her every single day. I keep getting a hunch that there are something between the two of them. Danielle's doing good, but sometimes the red bird is still bothering her, and she spends her time visiting Haerin at the village's hospital. Haerin's been sleeping for a year already, but we never lost hope that she would open her eyes.

Your troop buddies are mostly okay. Some weren't locked up since they didn't really hurt anyone.

How are you doing up there, Minji? No more pain? No more heartache? No more suffering?

Baby, I miss you so much. I love you, baby. Please visit me in my dreams.

I love you, Kim Minji

___________________________________________

"Hey, Won," Yujin greeted her visitor with a warm smile. "You've been here every day. Don't you ever get tired of it?" She teased, her voice playful.

Wonyoung chuckled at her question. "I told you, you're my friend. I'll never tire of visiting you." She replied, returning the smile.

"How are you doing?" Wonyoung asked, her concern visible in her tone.

Yujin shrugged lightly. "Well, I've got some buddies inside, so it's not too bad," she answered and smiled at her gently.

__________________________________________

"Lee Hyunseo, where are we headed?" Hyein asked, glancing at her companion.

"We're on the hunt for clues." Hyunseo replied.

"Clues for what?" Hyein pressed further, receiving a sigh from Hyunseo. "Have you forgotten our mission already? We're searching for clues about ancient artifacts." she explained patiently.

"Oh, right, I remembered. "

___________________________________________

"And Hyein was like, 'Oh... I remembered,' Even though she didn't really recall until you reminded her." Danielle shared to the sleeping figure beside her with a gentle chuckle.

As Danielle came out of the ice cage, carrying Haerin's limp body, the people inside the village looked on them in shock and concern.

Hyein quickly rushed over to check on Haerin.

"Please, help Haerin... she... she has her pulse back," Danielle pleaded, her voice trembling with hope.

"Haerin, you've been sleeping a lot. You should come with me and join some spy missions." Danielle suggested, attempting to lighten the mood.

"But seriously, I miss you." She added softly, concern could be heard on her voice.

___________________________________________

Hanni stood by the peaceful lake, admiring its timeless beauty. The serene waters never failed to captivate her. She could always feel the solace she longed for.

Before making her way back to the village, Hanni made a stop at the lake, soaking in its calming aura before returning to her dorm for the night. It becomes Hanni's routine to visit the lake before going home.

Upon returning home, her gaze fell upon the painting on the wall. Gently, she reached out and touched the canvas.

"I've painted you five times this year alone. Maybe it's because I miss you so much, and I never want to forget the way you looked like." Hanni whispered softly.

"Goodnight, Minji. Tomorrow is a new day. Thank you for bringing peace. I miss you so much." She murmured, bidding farewell to her cherished memories before going to sleep.

"I love you too, Pham Hanni."

THE END