2

ANDRE'S POV

I groaned wearily pushing myself up with my arms, Tears rolled down my cheeks as my breath became uneven. My body trembled as I shakily rolled into a ball trying to exhale.

No, not this again mom.....

My face morphed into horror as I fell back into a deep sleep.

Flashback

I loved going to the park with my mom. The swings, the slides, and the laughter-it was always the highlight of my day. Today was no different. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and I was having the time of my life.

As I ran around, exploring every nook and cranny of the playground, I noticed something odd about my mom. She kept glancing around, her eyes darting from one spot to another as if she was searching for something-or someone.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I asked, pausing in my tracks to look up at her.

"Oh, nothing, sweetie," she replied with a forced smile. But I could tell something was bothering her. Her cheerful demeanour seemed forced, her movements tense.

Before I could ask her anything else, two men approached us. They were tall and imposing, their faces masked by sunglasses and stern expressions. My mom's grip on my hand tightened, and she pulled me close to her side, shielding me with her body.

"Is this your son?" one of the men asked, his voice cold and unwelcoming.

"Yes, he's my son," my mom replied, her voice trembling slightly.

The men exchanged a knowing glance before turning their attention back to us. "We need to talk to you, ma'am."

My mom's eyes widened in fear, and without a second thought, she scooped me up into her arms and began to sprint away from the men. I clung to her tightly, my heart pounding in my chest as we raced across the park.

"Mom, what's happening?" I cried out, my voice muffled against her shoulder.

"Shh, sweetie, everything's going to be okay," she whispered, her breath coming in ragged gasps as she ran.

We didn't stop running until we reached the safety of our home. My mom locked the door behind us, her hands trembling as she held me close.

"Mom, who were those men? What did they want?" I asked, my voice quivering with fear.

My mom's eyes filled with tears as she looked down at me. "I'll explain everything later, honey. But for now, just know that I'll always do whatever it takes to keep you safe."

As my mom held me tight in her arms, her eyes filled with tears, we heard frantic banging on the door. The sound echoed through the house, sending shivers down my spine. My mom's grip on me tightened, and I could feel her fear palpable in the air.

"Open up, you disgusting shifters! Come out right now!" one of the men shouted, his voice filled with rage.

My mom's face paled, and without hesitation, she sprang into action. She hurriedly ushered me into her bedroom and knelt down beside the dresser. With trembling hands, she pulled out a hidden compartment underneath it.

"Sweetheart, listen to me carefully," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "I need you to hide in here until I come get you, okay? No matter what happens, you must stay quiet and don't come out until I say so."

I nodded, my heart pounding in my chest as my mom helped me crawl into the cramped space. She closed the compartment behind me, leaving me in darkness, the muffled sounds of the outside world barely reaching my ears.