Old flings

"And you see why we wanted you to get away from that crazy ass white bitch!" Deja fussed

"Deja, please this isn't the time!" I snapped.

She sighed, "Yeah, I'll watch him. But you need to be here by 8:30 tomorrow morning. I have things to do."

"Thank you! See you later, little man." I planted a kiss on Christian's forehead, then left.

On my way back to the hospital, I stopped by Target to get a few things for princess just in case she wakes up.

"I know that isn't who I think it is?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around and met eyes with my ex, Jerrica. I haven't heard from her in almost eight years! What are the odds? " What's up, Jahmir?" She smiled.

"What's up?" I asked, turning to face her.

"Damn, you must still be mad at me cause you haven't offered me a hug or anything." she chuckled nervously.

"I'm cool. What's up?" I continued looking for things while she followed, asking hella questions.

"Shopping for a girlfriend?"

"For my daughter." I sighed.

"Cool. So, I heard you have a son with Kattie?"

"Kassie!" I corrected.

"You know what I meant." She said while inching closer. " I miss you!" She whispers.

"Can you back up?" I gritted. She shot me an irritated look and scooted away.

"Damn, I said I was sorry! I didn't mean it."

"We broke up eight years ago, Jerrica. There's nothing for us to talk about!"

"We broke up 'cause you couldn't handle being with someone carefree." She scoffs. "You loved the fact that I was into polygamy until you realized you'd have to share me with someone else."

"I'm not doing this with you! I have somewhere to be."

"Okay. Tell Michelle I said Hey since you want to be like that." She laughs.

"Bitch, get the fuck out of my face!"

"Must have struck a nerve!" She teased. "You calling me out of my name means you still care."

"Bye Jerrica."

"Whatever."

After paying for my things, I loaded my car and headed back to the hospital.

Once I made it inside, I was approached by a nurse and told that I could head to the back. I didn't plan on speaking with Trent but why not? I peeked into his room to see if he was awake.

"No need to peek, you can come in." He mumbled.

"Just stopped by to see how you were holding up?"

"I'm fine! Just ready to get the fuck out of here." He grunted, trying to sit up in his bed.