Who do you love?

"That's his niece! You would have known that if you called and talked to him

"That's his niece! You would have known that if you called and talked to him." Julie ranted. "it's like you want him to be a bad guy or something."

"How do you know that's his niece? I've known this man for a long time and he's never mentioned anything about her." I panted while jogging beside her.

"Let's sit at this bench; my back ain't what it used to be," she says, holding her belly. We took a seat on the bench. "You remember his sister Wanita?" She continued.

I gasped."The mean one?"

"She's not mean." she giggled. "That's her daughter! We still keep in touch from time to time."

"I couldn't stand her mean ass! She always doing the most."

"She was just being protective over her brother. Like all older sisters..."

   "Whatever."

  "Made it this far, you might as well stick it out with this one. That's three different baby daddies, girl, that's not a good look on your half."

"Well damn!"

"You want me to lie to you?"

"Nah, I respect that you keep it real! Speaking of keeping it real... why haven't you kicked Jacob's ass to the curb?"

"I don't want to talk about him right now." She sighed.

"Well, we are. You're pregnant with his kid and he's treating you like a stranger in your own home. What's going on with him? This isn't like him at all."

  "This is very on point for Jacob. He's always been an asshole, that's why none of his relationships worked out."

"Why get pregnant by him then?"

"Same as with you and Jahmir, best friends turned lovers. Except, Jahmir is actually in love with you. Jacob was playing the long game. I hate that it took this long for me to realize that."

"Maybe, he has cold feet." I shrugged.

"Cold, warm, or hot, that still doesn't give him an excuse to treat the mother of his child like shit."

"You're right! So what about the wedding?" 

"I called it off after that stunt he pulled at the strip club. Don't tell anyone this, but he's only living with me because he lost his job. He's looking for another place to stay and instead of spending money on hotels, I told him he could stay until the end of the month." 

"Today's the twenty-seventh."

"He better get a move on it. I'm done trying to make it seem like we're in this loving relationship to please his mom. She's a nice woman don't get me wrong, but her son is full shit!" She said before her phone rang. "That's this nigga calling me now." She rolled her eyes.