|•| 481 Days. |•|

HIII SPECIAL THANKS TO RiverPhoenixlover12 FOR THIS IDEA ILYSM BBGRL!!!!!
Yes We Made Up Stfu!!

Oscar POV

I stood up off the sofa in my driver room. A wave of unusual dizziness came over me and sweat dropped down my face. I headed to a small fridge in the room and grabbed a bottle of water and I sipped it slowly. I heard knocking at my door. "Come in!" I said, a strange tone overtaking my softer murmur. "Hey baby." Lando walked in. "Hi." I muttered. Lando looked at me. "You okay?" The Brit asked me softly. "Yeah, I- I'm just hot." I lied as I nodded slowly. "We've gotta get to track." Lando said, handing me my water bottle, my pair of sunnies and my cap.

We were on-track just in time for the Qatar national anthem. I sipped my water bottle tentatively. I convinced myself that I was going to be fine driving in the extreme heat with mild dizziness and a skyrocketing temperature. When the anthem finished, everyone fled to their cars, me being the last to my car. I put my radio-buds in, tugging my black balaclava on and wiggling my helmet on top.

-(Skips The Formation Lap)-

I was starting next to Max, which was unnerving but you know. The lights went out and the pack set off.

I quickly caught Max up on lap two, pushing myself to my absolute limit. I swallowed hard, feeling exhausted.

By lap four, I was ahead. I pushed incredibly hard to pass Max, but I did It and I was far ahead. I was still pushing myself to my limit, but, as I slowly started to slip away, I knew that pushing myself that hard was not a good idea, as my vision blackened, and my head hit the steering wheel.

Lando POV

"Red flag, Lando, red flag." My radio burred. "What happened, who was it?" I asked, almost demanding. "You aren't gonna like this, Lando. I'll tell you anyway. It was Oscar. He's in flames and in the barrier." I was utterly shocked. "What happened to cause that?" I asked. "We don't know. Oscar's unresponsive." A rush of panic came over me as I heard those words. I pulled into the pitlane and leapt out of my car, rushing to my half of the garage. I looked at the screens. They seemed to have gotten Oscar out of his car, but they were completely surrounding him. "Shit." I cursed. I felt a light hand touch my shoulder. "I'm so sorry." I heard our reserve's voice. "Pato? Don't be sorry." I turned to the younger Mexican lad. "Lando!" A familiar voice called. "Sorry, Pato, I've gotta dip. See you soon?" I called, to which Pato nodded. "See you, Lando!" The Mexican Lad called.

I rushed out of the garage to where the familiar voice came from. "Lando, we want you to accompany Oscar to the hospital." My trainer, Jon, said. "B- but that means I'd have to retire." I argued. "Please, Lando. Do it for your boyfriend." Jon pleaded. I caved. "Fine." I agreed, stepping into the air ambulance.

-(Huge Time-Skip)-

Oscar had been in his medically induced coma for 479 days now. It pained me to see him in the condition he was in. I held the Aussie's hand, pleading to feel him grasp it. He wouldn't. "Please. Please make it." I sobbed painfully. "Please." I whispered, moving a lock of his brown hair from within his lidded gaze. "I want to hear you speak again. I miss your voice, sweetheart." I whispered between sobs. The Aussie's pulse was slowing, then, he flatlined. "Someone help!" I cried out. A nurse ran in with a defibrillator and used it. There was a shockable rhythm, and his heart beat again. "I love you, Osc." I cried. "I'm racing for you."

On the 481st day, there were signs of life from the Aussie. "Oh, Oscar!" I cried, kissing his head softly. "You almost died on me." I sobbed. "Agh." He grunted softly at the light in the room. "L- Lando?" He whispered softly. "Yes?" I whispered back. "What happened?" He asked. "You crashed and almost died." I sobbed. "I've been here, constantly looking out for you."

"Thank you." The Aussie sniffled.

LITERALLY WAILING OVER THIS ONE! IT'S SAD AND CUTE ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!