• 𝘚𝘢𝘪𝘭 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘺 •

(Madison's POV:)

"Madison, are you listening?" My maths teacher shouted, snapping me out of my reverie.

"What?" I frowned, looking up from the desk infront of me.

I hadn't been listening at all, the only thing playing on my mind was the fact that Liam had kissed me. It was nothing like I thought it would be,

quite underwhelming actually.

"Do you understand, B squared minus X squared equals A squared minus C squared minus X squared plus two CX. So you cancel all minus X?" The teacher began rambling on, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

"I'm sorry, sir, I wasn't listening." I huffed, crossing my arms and desperately trying to block out the snickers coming from the rest of the class.

"Not good enough, Maddie, that's the forth time I've had to explain it to the class." The teacher snapped, pointing his finger at me.

"I'm sorry." My head dropped down, trying to lose his gaze.

"That's a detention for you, Madison." His tone became quieter. "In here after school please."

The lesson seemed to move quickly after this, that I was glad of.

Soon after I left the classroom I bumped into something.

"Watch it." They sneered, spinning around to face me.

"Sorry mate." I mumbled before looking up, my face dropped as I realised who it was.

Of course it was Liam.

"Oh, hiya Maddie." He shrugged, beginning to scratch the back of his neck.

"You finally stopped avoiding me then, have you?" I raised my eyebrows, folding my arms over my chest.

"I'm sorry, but wakin' up in a girls bed after a night out is a bit worrying." He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Trust me, it would be even more awkward if I didn't ignore you."

I didn't really know what to say after that, he'd made the atmosphere quite tense.

Luckily enough for me, Connie began to shout for him down the corridor.

"Will I still be seeing you on Tuesday?" I frowned up at him.

"Yeah, you will be." He nodded slowly, fiddling with the collar of his polo.

"Liam, get over 'ere." Connie called, trotting over to him and grabbing his arm. "I'm starting to think you don't want me anymore, I wouldn't be happy. Especially after last night."

Liam mouthed a small sorry as he let himself get dragged away.

I leant against the wall for a few seconds before continuing my journey down the corridor.

"Slag!" I recognised the familiar mocking tone, it was Danny. "Liam's told us all about how he ended up in your bed last weekend."

I glanced over to where they were standing and watched Liam's head drop.

"What?" I scoffed, folding my arms across my chest. "You think I'd let him into my bed?"

"That's what he said." Danny's face went slightly more serious then usual.

"I didn't." Liam shook his head, letting out a long sigh.

"He was sick on me, that's all." I shrugged before pushing past Danny to reach the double doors leading to the playground.

◇◇◇

I slumped my head against the desk as the teacher began to ramble on about how we should reflect on our actions. I didn't really care, I just wanted to go home.

"Mr Gallagher, you're late." The teacher sighed as the door swung open. "Over there next to Madison please."

A frown creased into my face as I watched Liam trudge over to me, he was more focused on the floor than anything else.

"You alright?" Liam's hand brushed against my back as he slouched into the chair next me.

"Mm, totally." I rolled my eyes, folding my arms as I turned to face him. "You told your mates then?"

"Danny saw me coming out your house." He shrugged back at me, tapping his fingers on the desk. "He just assumed. I didn't say anything, it wouldn't be fair on you."

"Do you remember-" I began, my head dropping to the floor.

"It didn't mean anything, I swear." His head span around to look at me. "I wanted to go to bed, and you wouldn't come with me so.."

"Not surprised." I sneered under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"No need." Liam frowned, nudging his leg into mine.

"Your mates over there, why don't you talk to him?" I said awkwardly, a small smile on my face.

"Not bothered." He shrugged, slouching back in his chair.

"Okay." I leant my head onto the windowsill nbefore looking over at him once again. "Anything exciting coming up?"

"My family's having a house party for new years." He raised his eyebrows, smiling at me. "Maybe you could come."

"I may aswell, it beats being alone for the night." I nodded, smiling back at him.

"Good." He shrugged, pressing his head against the desk. "I'll look forward to seeing you."

Everyone went silent as the teacher returned to the classroom.

"You can all go now." He waved his hand at us.

"You want me to walk you home?" Liam raised his eyebrows.

"Go on then." I nodded, following him out of the classroom.

My face dropped as he intertwined our fingers, the familiar feeling of butterflies entering my stomach.

I looked back up at him, he pulling his normal face. Like nothing was going on.