Chapter 15 Ask Him

I don't know how I managed to fight the battle with an injured arm, but I managed.
When Peter ordered us to retreat! Caspian and I ran to get the professor and horses. By then the amount of blood loss has affected me.
"Leona, what has happened to you?" Asks Dr. Cornelius.
"I'm fine," I say, I rub Destrya's nose, "So glad to see you!" I whisper.
"Come on," Caspian says as he helps me up onto Destrya. He climbs up beside me. And holds me tight.
When we reach the the gate, Peter jumps on the third horse, with Verity in his arms. I can see she's wounded too, but worse than me.
As we leave, the Minotaur gives up. I see arrows flying everywhere. The soldiers left behind couldn't be helped.
Peter lingers for a moment when we cross. He looks at Susan and Ruth, I'm pretty sure he was crying.
The bridge was closing so my brother yells
"Peter, the bridge!"
He jumps across and we all head home.

Verity's pov
Edmund riding a griffin again, comes down closer to our level. I'm still crying.
"Is she alright?" Edmund asks anxiously.
"I'm fine," I say; I still feel the pain in my leg.
"No, you're not, and that was just plain stupid what you did out there, Verity," Peter retorts, "You could have gotten killed."
"We could have stopped all this," I fire back, wiping away my tears.
"I suppose you're right, whatever made Caspian try to kill Miraz," Peter agrees with me.
"You think that's what ruined our attack?" Asks Edmund surprised.
"Of course it was, Ouch!" I yelped.
"Don't worry, Verity, we'll be at the show soon, and Lucy will have her cordial," Peter assures me.
As if I'm worried about a small wound, but I feel warm and safe. Peter's arms. He was the best older brother anyone could ever have. Despite his arrogance.
When we reached the How I was leaning on Edmund's arm; Peter was walking in the front of the group with Caspian.
Lucy reached us first, "What happened?"
"Ask him," Peter replies crossly, pointing at Caspian.
"Peter," Susan protests.
"It wasn't just his fault," Ruth adds.
"Oh, really," I try to laugh but flinch in pain.
"Me, you could have called it off, there was still time," Caspian agrees.
"No, there wasn't, thanks to you; if you had kept the plan, those soldiers would still be alive,e, and my sister wouldn't be hurt," Peter answers.
I can't help but agree with my brother.
"My sister was hurt too, and if you'd have stayed here as I suggested, those soldiers definitely would be," Caspian replies."And it's your sister's fault she got hurt, as stupid as she is."
I glared at him. How dare he call me stupid. I was the smartest out of my siblings.
Lucy goes over to me, "Are you alright?" Concern furrowed her brow.
"I'm fine," I shrug my shoulders."But I'll make sure Caspian isn't."
"Verity now is not the time," Edmund tells me.
"Just one drop, Verity," Lucy says to me.
"Fine," I answer, and when she does, my leg feels better. She does the same to Leona.
Peter retorts to Caspian's answer."Verity isn't stupid, no one calls my sister that, you hear. And you called us remember."
"My first mistake," Caspian answers repulsively.
I grip the hilt of my sword, we weren't a mistake!
"No," Peter shakes his head in disgust, "Your first mistake was ever thinking you could lead those people."
He turns to leave, but Caspian yells at him, "Hey! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia!"
Peter turns back, "You invaded Narnia, you have no right to lead it than Miraz does. You, him, your father. Narnia's better off with the lot of you!"
They both unsheathe their swords, ready to fight. I am about to join the fight

"Stop!" Cries Edmund in protest.
I see him and Glenstorm with the injured Trumpkin in their arms. I cover my mouth to try to muffle a sob. I look over at Peter, whose sword is still pointed at Caspian, but then he lowers it.
"Poor Trumpkin," sobs Ruth.
Lucy runs towards the dwarf who's on the ground, she gives him a drop of her cordial.
He coughed for a moment and opened his eyes
"What are you all standing around for?" He asks annoyed, "The Telmarines will be here soon enough."
"You're right about that," I grin.
He looks at Lucy, "Thank you, my dear little friend."
"Where's Caspian?" Leona asks.
"Probably upset," I tell her, as we walk into the how.
"He doesn't just disappear like that," Leona glares at me, "I know my brother."
"There's another problem," Trumpkin points out, "Nikabrik's not here either."