Chapter 10

it's been a few days since the incident at the cafe.

When Chaewon got home, she texted Yunjin telling her that she wasn't feeling well, to which the girl responded in worry and wanted to come over to give Chaewon some medicine but the brunette was insistent that Yunjin didn't have to.

yunjin: okay, well take care of urself
then, ill see you soon?

                                        chaewon: yeah,   dw about me :)

The soloist did send her text after that, wondering if Chaewon was free to hang out, as they've usually been doing but Chaewon simply excuses herself, saying that she has some deadlines due and that she can't hang out. It also helps that Yunjin's still in the middle of promotions so her window of time to hang out is minimal anyway.

Which isn't far from the truth, she actually does have some assignments due but thats besides the point.

She's aware Yunjin's promotions end soon, which means its likely for them to go back to their set in stone weekly dates.

Chaewon feels bad for ignoring the girl, but she didn't know what else to do when that bubbling feeling of jealously overtook her whole body. The rest course of action to her was to distance herself in order to sort out her thoughts.

Which also seemed to be the worst course of action due to how their relationship has proressed in the past few weeks, which left Chaewon floundering at the sudden lack of Yunjin's presence in her life after the soloist made her way back into Chaewon's so seamlessly.

Chaewon misses her.

She sighs outwardly as she stands in the elevator leading her up to her floor, wondering what she could do to make up for her sudden ghosting.

The elevator dings and the doors slide open, she walks out and turns right towards her apartment.

Only to find a figure sitting on the ground, leaning back on her door.

The sound of her footsteps make the figures head shot up.

"Chaewon!" Yunjin looks at her in shock before she quickly stands up from the floor, brushing her pants before shifting her gaze back to the brunette.

"What are you doing here?" Chaewon looks around to see if anyone is around, the last thing she needs is her neighbours to recognise Yunjin.

Hell, she hasn't even talked to any of her neighbours since she moved in. Chaewon never seems to bump into them whenever she heads in or out of her apartment.

Yunjin opens her mouth to explain but Chaewon interrupts her, "Actually, let's go inside. We can in there." Chaewon unlocks her apartment and enters with Yunjin following behind her.

The brunette sets her bag on the counter when Yunjin speaks.

"Are you mad at me?"

Chaewon turns around, visibly confused at Yunjin's question, "What?"

The blue-haired girl fidgets in her spot, her hand reverting to her nervous habit of fiddling with her sleeve, "I'm not stupid, Chaewon. You were avoiding me."

Chaewon tries to reply but nothing comes out.

"No! U-Uh—" The soloist looks at her in surprise.

Chaewon sighs exasperatedly, "I'm sorry, it wasn't you, I really was busy with assignments." She lies through her teeth easily.

Yunjin doesn't seem convinced, "Chaewon—"

"I'm sorry I didn't really tell you, I was just really caught up with it all." Chaewon continues to lie.