ɪ. ᴘʀᴇꜰᴇᴄᴛꜱ

CHAPTER ONE── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──PREFECTS

CHAPTER ONE
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
PREFECTS

      Hogwarts wasn't just a school but home to plenty.

      Iris Evans had a sentimental attachment to Hogwarts and every year she returned, leaving her parents behind the barrier, she felt like it was the first time. Mouth open wide and eyes shimmering with eagerness.

     "Last time, I'm here as a student." Iris heard her sister sigh from behind.

      She pressed her lips together tightly. It was the last year she got to spent with her sister around. Next year she'd be alone.

      "Come on." Lily called and started pushing her trolley towards the end of the train, followed by Iris.

"Need help, Lily?" A loud voice asked.

      Lily rolled her eyes as a boy strutted towards her.

      Iris bit her lip to stop a chuckle. James Potter was obsessed with her older sister for as long she could remember but Lily found him nothing more than an arrogant boy, lacking brain cells.

      "We can manage on our own." She said rudely and loaded her trunk into a carriage.

      "No need to be mean, I'm just trying to help." James said. "Hi, little Evans."

"Hey, James." Iris greeted while loading her own trolley in the carriage.

      He examined the badge in blue and silver colour she wore. "Congratulations on being prefect."

"Oh, thanks." She blushed. She was thrilled when she and her sister got letters over the holiday for prefect and head girl. "Congratulations on headboy."

      James grinned, puffing his chest out to show off his headboy badge better. "Thank you so much, Iris. I have to say I'm way more shocked myself than you sound."

      Iris laughed. "Not shocked, just a bit surprised."

     "Well, I'm a lot." Lily remarked, crossing her arms and James looked at her amusingly. "How come professor Dumbledore possibly choose you?"

      James shrugged. "They say I'm charming."

      "Being charming doesn't make you a headboy!" Lily argued. "The basics required are being responsible, helpful and you should have organisation skills. You're not even mature."