ᴠ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

CHAPTER FIVE── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──THE DRAUGHT OF LIVING DEATH

CHAPTER FIVE
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
THE DRAUGHT OF LIVING DEATH

Iris was sure professor Slughorn's secret hobby was to pair up students every year. As September flew by and their potions classes moved from theoretical to practical, he started pairing students up to brew potions.

Iris didn't mind that, she was paired with Freya the year before but this time Slughorn had wronged her by taking her name along with Regulus Black's.

Iris and Regulus were members of the Slug Club that made the old man think they'd work well together but was instantly corrected when Iris raised her hand in the air.

"Professor, can we change partners? I'll work great with Freya."

Slughorn shook his head. "Absolutely not. You both are one of my most talented students and you'll work very well together."

      Iris not wanting to degrade Slughorn and being one of his favourites, decided to give him an obedient nod and wait for Regulus to sit beside her.

      She opened the book and didn't look at Regulus who sat on the empty chair next to her before pulling it a little away from her.

      Iris couldn't help but feel insulted by the gesture. She did ask Slughorn to change partners but Regulus pulling the chair away from her made her feel as if she was something disgusting, unworthy to sit next to.

      "This is your first time brewing higher standard potions so, I will allow you to make anything we've been learning about for the past weeks. The pair to brew the most complicated and best one will be todays class's winner."

      Iris opened her books after Slughorn stopped talking and searched for a suitable potion to brew.

Regulus next to her was doing the same until she found one and spoke, "what about the draught of living death? We can brew that."

Regulus seemed to think for a moment. "Yeah, we can do that."

'I'll bring the ingredients then." Iris said and headed to the cupboard.

She looked at the book in her hand and took out the things listed.

"You're so lucky." Freya sarcastically said who came to the cupboard to get ingredients for her own potion.

Iris huffed. "You've got Pandora as your partner. You won't ever understand my pain."

Freya snickered before taking things off the cupboard. "Good luck, Iris."