ɪɪ. ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ, ʙᴀᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ

CHAPTER TWO── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──FIRST DAY, BAD LUCK

CHAPTER TWO
── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
FIRST DAY, BAD LUCK

     Iris wanted her first day back at Hogwarts to be perfect because she believed if the first day got ruined, the whole year did too.

      Fate wasn't really with her when her sister at breakfast informed her she'd have to patrol with Regulus after dinner from seven till ten.

      "Thank you for ruining my day." Iris said, putting her fork down.

      "No problem at all. Please, inform Regulus about the patrol too." Lily added, looking down at her sister while she stood with her arms crossed.

      "I won't do that, you do it." Iris insisted.

      "Please, Iris. I have to go and ask other prefects too." Lily said tiredly and her eyes glanced around the other tables.

      "Fine."

      The corners of Lily's smile turned up into a smile. "I love you." She said before marching to a Hufflepuff prefect.

      Iris turned to her left. "Did you hear that? Three hours with him, what did I ever do to deserve this?"

      "What did he ever do to you?" Freya joked, sipping pumpkin juice.

      "Is the fact that he thinks I'm worth less than the dirt on his shoes not enough? Just because he's a pureblood and I'm a muggleborn doesn't make him superior by any means."

      "It doesn't." Freya agreed. "He's probably just another mama's boy, ruined by his family's obsession with their name just like most Slytherins."

      "There's always a choice. Black ran away from that house to live with James and abandoned his freaky family, didn't he?"

      "Am I dreaming or are you actually defending Sirius Black?" Freya questioned and rubbed her eyes with one hand.

      "I'm not defending him but he did the right thing, leaving those maniacs. I saw his mother last year at Hogwarts express and she looked evil. Cold gaze and stern voice just like Regulus. She seemed robotic."

      "Robotic?"

      "Advanced muggle machines but that's not the point, haven't you heard?" She leaned closer to Freya. "Regulus has gotten the dark mark."

      Freya pulled back and snorted. "Iris, those are rumours, he's only in school. Don't you think you're getting a little judgemental? And anyways, why are you obsessing over him?"