Four

It's been a few days since the whole Trent and Hannah break up thing, although they didn't really end it, Kenzie knew that Trent wouldn't forgive her so easily.

Kenzie the past few weeks would check up on Trent, making sure he was going training and doing his daily routine. The past month had been torture for Trent, kenzie had to make sure as his best friend that Hannah wouldn't be the cause of his downfall, the coaches, team and even fans had noticed his shift in moods and how he has been playing the first few months after his breakup, they had been absolutely shit and out of character for him.

Everyday Trent and Kenzie hanged out the more Kenzie's feelings would grow for Trent, she wanted to tell Trent how she felt now that he wasn't in a relationship, but she couldn't he was in such a vulnerable stage after the breakup she didn't wanna make him feel pressured.

After about two months after the breakup Trent had completely gone back to himself again and that was all thanks to Kenzie always being there for him.

"Ken I rate you tell him now" Marcel said as he took a bite of his food.

"I don't know cel, I don't think it's the right time" Kenzie said as she rested her face on the palms of her hands.

"Ken, when is the right time, when he has another girlfriend" Marcel said as he lifted an eyebrow up while swallowing his food.

Kenzie stayed silent she knew that Marcel was right, she had to tell Trent. She was hiding behind her feelings for the sake of Trent, she absolutely loved having Trent as a best friend and telling him her feelings would just mess everything that they built.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even realise Marcel was talking to her.

"Hello, earth to Ken"

"Oh sorry cel, what's up" Kenzie said shaking her head to snap her self out of her day dream

"Yeah, I was just saying I'm heading out now, thanks for dinner and the little catch up"

"Yeah know worries, drive safe" Kenzie said as she hugged Marcel and walked him out to the drive way.

As the night grew marcels words were just on Kenzie's mind, was it really time to just tell him, to just rip the band aid off"

"Fuck it" Kenzie rushed downstairs grabbed her keys and headed into her car.

The rain wasn't helping her nerves as she drove to his house stopping outside the fence before putting the code in to open the gate, Kenzie basically ran to the front door as the rain was hitting her skin eventually making her whole body wet.

"Omg no I can't do this" Kenzie said to herself, no Ken you have to do this you came all this way here just get it over and done with

With that being said Kenzie quickly rang the doorbell and closed her eyes, there was abit of a pause before someone finally opened the door.

"Trent I know it's late but I really have to tell you this———HANNAH" Kenzie said as her eyes grew big and could feel her heart crumbling into pieces.

"Kenzie" Hannah said slightly annoyed

"Hannah, babe whose at the door" Trent yelled out as he made his way down the stairs in only grey sweatpants, as soon as Trent's eyes locked with Kenzie's instant regret filled Trent's body

He knew that he had officially betrayed Kenzie, the time she spent helping him get over her, all for him to get back with her

"Maybe I came at a wrong time, we can talk later Trent" Kenzie said as she turned on her heel walking back into the rain.

"Ken wait up" Trent yelled out to Kenzie who was already well and truly on her way out of the gate

"Ken" Trent said gripping in to Kenzie's hand

"What Trent, what do you want" Kenzie yelled at Trent while turning around, Kenzie was so grateful that it was raining so Trent couldn't see the tears that were in her eyes.

"Ken I can explain" Trent said feeling so bad

"Trent there is nothing to explain, your a grown man you can make your own decisions, if you decide to be with her that's your own decision, but just don't come back to me about how she broke your heart" Kenzie said slightly raising her voice, with that she left Trent and hopped in her car not knowing where she was going.