Chapter 5 : Embarrassed

I sat down on the floor next to the wall, facing the centre of the studio while leaning on the glass window. Hoseok asked if I would like a chair, but I rejected, because I thought sitting on the floor would be more comfortable. He took a sip of water and continued choreographing, while setting a camera to record himself. As soon as he started dancing again, I took out my sketchbook and graphite pencils and started sketching.

Sometimes he would listen to the music and analyse the dynamics, sometimes he would do a collection of movements with the beat.  As he paused and held his body in a pose, he looked into the mirror to see the alignment of his body.

I was so mesmerised that I caught myself staring at him. The clear sweat bead on his forehead slid down his perfectly sculpted nose and lingered on the tip of it. He took a deep breath and clenched his jaw, which formed a rigid line that paralleled with his nose bridge. The sweat droplet couldn't hold on to his nose any longer and dropped onto the grey rubber floor. He turned his head and saw me looking at him. He chuckled lightly and continued dancing.

I fiddled with my fringe to get it out of my face and decided that I should focus on my sketches. I slowly sketched out the structure of Hoseok's side profile on the paper, which creates a soothing scratch. After observing him for quite a while, I added all the details and textures of his skin with sweat lingering on his forehead. I darkened his sharp eyes as it added more definition to his facial expression. It took me around an hour finishing this sketch. I held the drawing in front of my face to seek for places for improvement. For the final step I added the sweat bead on the tip of his nose and cleaned off the unwanted parts. As soon as I blew the rubber shavings of my paper, Hoseok lied flat on the floor.

"Wow, that was nice. I haven't danced full out for so long," he sighed as he fanned himself with his hand. "Y/N, I saw you drawing for the whole hour just now. What were you drawing?" Hoseok turned his head towards me. Afraid of him seeing what I drew, I immediately closed my sketchbook.

"Some - random things..." I stuttered Hoseok squinted his eyes at my suspicious answer. "Well, I can't show you now because it's not finished. But I'll show you the final results!" I explained. His sly smile transformed into a sweet grin, and he stood up from the floor.

He took out a dry t-shirt from his bag and took off his sweat soaked top. Before I could remind him I was in the room and look away, he quickly put a new shirt on. He seemed to not realise the issue and looked at me with innocent eyes as I let out a "whoops". I turned my head to the side and picked up my bad from the floor.

"Right, let's go. I will turn off the lights," Hoseok gathered his bag. Before he could see me, I walked ahead of him with an embarrassing red blushing face. Not that I was embarrassed, I was more shy due to Hoseok  suddenly stripping in front of me. I rushed out the building for some cool fresh air to calm myself down. Hoseok walked beside me after locking the doors.

"Hey Y/N, are you alright?" Hoseok looked at my face as I was fanning myself. I took a huge gulp of the cold air and smacked my face.

"Yea...yea, I'm alright. It was just a bit stuffy in there," I said as I fiddled with my fringe.

"Was it? I thought I opened the windows and it was quite chilly in there?" Hoseok argued. No no no, he was not supposed to say that. Now he has exposed me and I did not have an excuse. I tried to change the topic by asking him something else.

"Erm...anyway, how was your day?"

"It was great. Very rare for me to have a guest in the dance studio. But I didnt mind it. In fact I felt less lonely."

"Oh that's good to hear."

"If you would like to stay in the studio after school from now on, feel free." Hoseok grinned. I responded with a nod. Hoseok has invited me to sit in the dance studio. Now I could shamelessly watch him dance and use him as my reference, hehe. We kept on walking until we reached the school gates, and we stopped.

"I guess I have to say bye now cuz I'm walking this way," I looked around as I put my hands in  my pocket for some warmth.

"I'm walking the other way. Bye Y/N, it was nice to have you around," he smiled as he rubbed his nape. I smiled back and headed back home.

After I got home, I turned on my computer and downloaded the song 2 Cool 4 Skool on my phone and played it. Clips of Hoseok dancing appeared in my mind, and most unexpectedly, that moment of him shirtless appeared as well, making me blushing like a tomato again. I whacked the embarrassing thoughts out of my brain and washed my face  with once cold water. I laid on my bed listening to the song and fell asleep. To be honest I didn't know how I fell asleep with that noise in my ear, I was probably too knackered.