Chapter 4.. Moms and Jealousy..

I felt a warm hand grab my own sitting on my leg. My head snapped to the side and Marcus' attention was purely focused on driving. My eyes followed down his arm and to his hand. I glanced out the window again and tightened my grip on his hand. I wish I could hold his hand everyday. What am I even talking about?

-

Marcus parks and lets go of my hand as he gets out of the car carrying my heels, I get out of the car behind him and follow him toward my door. I end up ahead of him and he whispers in my ear

"Pull down your dress Lyss" confused, I glance down, blush springs to my face. My dress had risen up and almost uncovered my entire butt. I pulled I all the way down, as far as it could before opening my front door.

"Who is it?" A woman called out

"It's me mom!"

"Alyssa?"

"No your other female child.." I say jokingly as she comes around the corner from her room. She looks at me with one of those motherly looks before looking to Marcus

"Hey Marcus! It's been a little while" she reaches in for a hug and they embrace each other. He's sweet like that. As she steps back she takes quick glances between the two of us and I start to feel myself blushing. I walk past her to the living room and sit on the couch. The two of them were not far behind me. I figure I should mention to my mom,

"I'm trying out for cheerleading mom" I say, standing back up to get a snack from the kitchen, she looks over

"You'd make a cute little cheerleader!" She steals a glance at Marcus,

"Don't you think Marcus?" She quickly adds

"Yeah! Super cute" he says, his voice lacking enthusiasm, she rolls her eyes

"Don't listen to him!" She says, hitting his arm. I laugh as I grab a banana from the counter and eat it.

A while later it was me sitting in a chair with Marcus on the couch in the living room, minding our own business when Alex comes bursting in the door.

"I'm Home!!" He announces

"That's great Alex now shut up" I reply without looking away from my phone

"Aww that's no way to talk to a guy bringing you to another party tonight!" This time I put my phone down and looked at him

"Really? Another one!?" I smiled, not because of the party, but because of the after, but they didn't need to know that..

Shortly later I was upstairs picking out a new outfit. I went for a black mini pencil skirt reaching just above my mid thigh and a dark blue sparkly halter crop top and paired it with a pair of my favorite, but more comfortable, black heels.

I walk out receiving the same look from Marcus as last time. But longer. Maybe not longer but so much as longing.. but of course that could've been my imagination. As we were going to leave, Alex's hangover took control and he was passed out on the couch in the living room. I was so looking forward to that party. I slouch.

"You coming?" Marcus asked, my head snapped around,

"We still get to go" my eyes lit up with hope

"Not if you don't hurry" I scurried toward him and gave him a quick hug. Too quick for my liking, but still enough to give me goosebumps. And we headed out to the car. The drive flew by and we were at a different house, cars also lining the street as a big red arrow yelling 'the party is here!!'

Me and Marcus got out of the car and walked into the house together. We walked towards where the drinks were kept and we heard some people yelling out "spin the bottle!" My eyes lit up- that sounds like a lot of fun! I started to walk over to the people calling out to join them, then I turn and grab Marcus' hand and continue going, dragging him along and we all sat in the circle, Marcus was roughly opposite me, there was quite a few people playing.. from various grade levels.. we were playing spin the bottle but the 7 minutes in heaven edition, I've never done the whole 7 minutes in heaven thing so I got a bit nervous.

The bottle spun and landed on Marcus and some other random girl and seconds later, they were disappearing into a room together. I felt this pit in my stomach, it made me want to cry. It made me want to lay down and never get back up again. I walked toward the drink area and got myself something stronger before returning to my seat.

7 minutes had passed and they were walking out of the room, relatively in the same condition. They sat back down in their original seats. And the bottle spun again. Me and this other guy. He was okay looking, he's not drawing eyes in a crowd but he's not ugly by any means, I stand up and flick my eyes at Marcus before grabbing the guys hands and walking backward toward the room. I don't know what was going on inside of me but I grabbed the sides of this guys cheeks and pressed a kiss against them, before entering the room. He pressed me against the door and my arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. When our kiss broke he opened the door and we fumbled in. Nothing else really happened in there, we kissed a few more times but we didn't go any farther than that. It would barely qualify as a 'steamy make out' before long though, my lipstick was smeared and we were walking out of the bedroom back down to spin the bottle. Marcus just glanced at me for a moment before looking away and avoiding any eye contact for the rest of the game. Was he hurt? He just did the same thing I had done.

A couple other people had gone and disappeared throughout the game to participate in the 7 minutes, I took a few more sips of my drink.

Eventually the bottle landed on me again, waiting anxiously for it to land on the guy, and it landed on Marcus, my eyes shot up to his, which were already staring at mine. I sheepishly stood up and we walked to the other room. I sat on the bed, he walked over and sat next to me. Our thighs pressed together. My thigh majorly bare because of my skirt, was making my hair stand on end from the contact. I didn't even get these feelings from the guy literally kissing me, what is wrong with me? I flopped backward onto the bed, covering my face with my hands. I let out a deep breath as he lowered himself down so we were laying next to each other. I reached around and twisted my body so my hands were on either side of his head. I bent down a placed a kiss on his forehead

"Alyssa-" I continued, placing a kiss near his eye, then on his cheekbone, I could feel my heart beating in my stomach

"Alyssa-" he repeated, I kissed his jawline, underneath his jawline

"We can't-" he started- I placed a kiss on the crook of his neck, and all around it, my hand grabbed side of his face

"Your brother.." I shot up

"Can we not talk about him right now?" I snapped back, swiftly I swung my leg over, sitting on top of his torso, I leaned down to his face. He has the most gorgeous face, his hands found my hips and then my waist, sending shocks down my spine. I went down and placed a kiss onto his ear. His hands tensed at my motions. I smiled into his ear. I enjoy this effect I apparently have on him.. and a knock at the door to tell us our time was up, startling both me and Marcus, he sat up, me still in his lap, and stood up with me, I slid down and adjusted my skirt, and we walked out together.