Chapter 6.. Kisses and Tryouts

Our thighs were pressed against each other when I sat down, his head snapped toward me as I sat down. A few short moments later his hand appeared on my knee, causing my breath to have an inaudible hitch. His palm was at the inside of my leg and his thumb was rubbing the top of my knee. His hand slowly crept up to the middle of my inner thigh, making me heat up a commercial plays on the tv and I turn to look at him, he turns and sees my eyes staring back at him I glance at his lips and back upward toward his eyes and he does the same. I took a chance.

-

I smashed my lips against his and my hand flew to the side of his face to pull him even closer than he already was. Both of his hands went to the small of my back and pulled me closer. I threw my legs on either side of him without breaking the kiss, so I was sitting in his lap. I pressed my lips against him and my hands flew into his hair. I was right it's soft. Breaking the kiss with our foreheads and noses pressed against each other, we tried to catch our breath, I opened my eyes to meet his already staring at me. I pressed my lips against his for a short kiss and looked back at him and he brought our lips together again, his hands grabbed my thighs pulling me closer towards his body. This is even better than I had imagined. My entire body was warm. Bang. We heard footsteps, I immediately sprang from his lap to the other side of the couch. A few moments later Alex walks into the living room and sits on chair across the way. My face is completely flush and my heart is beating a million times a second. I'm frozen in my current position for the next several minutes.

I glance over and Marcus was already looking at me, I caught his eye and he smirked and I snapped my head back toward the tv and he broke out into a laugh- Alex looks over

"What's so funny Marcus?" Marcus' laugh fizzles out almost instantly

"Yeah what IS so funny?" I look at him sternly. He catches my glare

"Nothing I was think about something from earlier-"
As if we were 'saved by the bell' although it was just Alex's phone going off

"I have to take this" he answers the phone as he walks out of the room I hear him faintly fading away. I kick Marcus with my foot as his laughter returns

"Shut up Marcus" I half snap at him, he continues to laugh at me I get up, and start to walk past him to leave and he grabs my wrist, turning me around to face him. He stands up and puts his hands on either side of my face and presses his lips against mine, my arms wrap around his neck and return the kiss. Our kiss breaks for a moment

"What if-" I'm interrupted by a kiss pressed against my lips, I press my chest against his. Our kiss breaks again, we're both trying to catch our breath

"Marcus" I say in a half whisper, he presses his lips on mine in a breathy kiss. Our eyes meet. Those sweet honey brown eyes. I felt weak toward him. His hands fall to my waist. I feel butterflies erupting in my stomach and I look down in between us

"Alex can't know" I say sternly. I feel guilty, I'm stealing his best friend? What if I ruin what they have? They've been friends since forever. Is this worth it? To break and soothe my thoughts as if he read them he pulls my waist against him and kisses me again. I could kiss this man forever, I haven't kissed that many people, but he was certainly the best at it. Our kiss breaks apart once more and I look into his eyes.

To ruin our moment I hear Alex's voice booming before he even enters the room, we immediately separate to our respective sides of the couch

"Yo Marcus you ready to go?" He yells as he opens the doors to the living room, I glance over in Marcus' direction. He stands up

"Yeah, I'm right behind you Alex" Alex leaves out the front door and Marcus is following toward him and he turns a shoots me a wink that makes my face completely redden.

I collapse my face into the couch and I hear the front door close. God why was he so.. fine? He's more than fine. He's simmering. One touch from him and I boil, in a good way, in a very good way. In a way I want to feel all the time. I want his lips and body interlocked with my own. But what if he doesn't actually want that? What if this thing is just a fling? What if he's like 'oh I wonder how she is in bed?' Type of thing. The thought makes my heart hurt. Bad. My ribs hurt from the pain, how am I already in pain from this man and he isn't even here? I drag myself up the stairs to go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better..

-

I woke up and quickly got ready and met Alex in the car and we picked Marcus up as usual. We got to school and it was a very boring day but fortunately, I had something out of routine happen. Cheerleading tryouts.

-

Hannah met me in the locker rooms and we changed into shorts, mine dark red and hers black, and I put on a cropped tank top that matched my shorts and she put on a white cropped spaghetti strap top. There were other girls around us wearing similar clothes. After everyone had changed we met inside the gym and had our tryouts, it was super stressful, I was sweating before we even started. We had multiple combinations to learn and I hit some of the steps with a few stumbles, but I kept a cheery facial expression on so I think that covered it up well. I noticed Hannah hit a lot of the steps and made it look easy.

Some people got asked for callbacks and toward the end it was left with roughly 8 people.
Then 6, Then 5, then 4

The 4 left did end up joining the team, luckily me and Hannah were 2 of the 4. I was super excited to be on the team, we got our uniforms and after I put my stuff away I couldn't wait to tell Marcus I made the team, I immediately ran out to the football field where they were wrapping up practice. I walked over acting sad and they both ran over to me

"How'd it go?!" They both asked, then noticing my fabulous acting

"Oh I'm sorry Ally" Marcus says

"Maybe next year Alyssa" Alex shrugs, hopeful

"Unfortunately since I made the team this year I don't need to tryout next year" I shrug and laugh, and it took them a few seconds to catch on then Marcus gives me a hug, I hug him back my stomach erupts in butterflies

"Congratulations Ally" he says sincerely as he lets go, then Alex hugs me and rubs the top of my head, Marcus' smile never left

"Yeah congrats sis" and with that we all headed back to the car to head home

Alex walked in the door first, me behind him, Marcus behind me. He walks up and his hand grabs my hip, he whispers so only I hear him "I love these shorts on you Ally" shivers went from my spine and heated up the spot between my legs as he let me walk ahead of him.