008: date?

"So what are you planning to do now?"

Lily looked at Bada and gave her a shrug, "Should I really do something? I mean there's no deadline for that 100 dates yet. Thinking about that number—It's impossible. He would get tired and find another girl for sure. You know him," Lily said and took a sip of her matcha while highlighting a line from her iPad notes.

"Hmm... I thought you suggested the idea because you want to make sure that you give him the love that he deserves and not just a love for someone who's your childhood sweetheart."

She sighed, "That too. "

"I know you, Lily. You're dodging him—You're dodging the possibility of the two of you together. Theo's the one you want the most and at the same time, you want to avoid being in a relationship with. You're a freaking emotional masochist, you know that?" Bada said and shook her head. Lily gave her a weak smile.

"Love... Such a fucking scary word. I would not want to risk our friendship just to be reckless about it."

Bada looks at her, reading her if she means every single word of it... She seems like she does.

 She seems like she does

* * *

"Shan, would you date me?"

He immediately coughed the iced americano back into the glass when Lily asked her the question. She lets out a laugh and handed him some tissue, "What the fuck, Lily?" he said and cough once more.

"I said what I said... Would you be able to stomach dating me?" Lily asked. She has been thinking about it, at least once in a while when she stops studying. Lily thought that she couldn't stomach any guy that she knew but Shan seemed an exception. The cons would be he's too nonchalant but she is too, at least she knows no sweet bones.

"You're serious? I really need to answer that?"

Lily nods, slightly enjoying Shan's panic, "I mean, you and I, are inexperienced when it comes to the whole dating thing. Why not date each other? Just a thought," she said and took another sip of her 4th cup of matcha. After Bada left, Shan immediately arrived for their study session.

"You're insane. You should stop being a victim of peer pressure. College dating is an excuse for their sexual frustrations," he said and it was Lily's turn to cough out her matcha. 

"Okay—You know what, let's just study in silence."

* * *