006: love letter

"You're so dramatic," Lily said with a smile on her face when she saw Theo's pout when he turned his back and faced her. She knows that he hates it when they fight, specifically their silent fights that are worse than their everyday bickering.

She ruffles his hair as she tries to enter the jacuzzi, her whole being relaxed immediately after a long day of studying. Lily closed her eyes as soon as she sat on the opposite side of Theo, "I needed this," she said.

After a few minutes, Lily could hear the background music of the mobile game ML which made her open her eyes and let out a laugh, "Are we really playing? I almost forgot," she said and reached for her phone.

"I saw your rank lowered. We really need to get you back up to Mythic if you want to catch up with mine," he said with a boastful grin on his face. Lily lets out a 'tsk' and goes along with it as she opens the mobile game app.

 Lily lets out a 'tsk' and goes along with it as she opens the mobile game app

* * *

"Okay, I'm done! My fingers are already feeling the fatigue from this game," Lily said and exited the app and leaned on her back to position herself then closed her eyes

"You still need another star to get out of Epic I," she heard him say but she just shook her head in response and she heard Theo chuckle from that.

There was a few seconds of silence after that until Theo broke the silence, "I'm... Sorry for the way I acted the other day. I was really insensitive on your part and I know that you really wanted this law school thing but still, I was acting like a motherfucker," Lily opened her eyes and caught his which kind of made her speechless, "I researched about what you guys do in law school too—you being an introvert kind of worries me since the comments said that you need a group of friends to study because you can't survive alone in law school. But despite knowing that, I still talk shit about Shan. I'm sorry."

Another moment of silence until Lily lets out a chuckle, "Wow Theo... Is this your character development? First, sorry as a word is never in your vocabulary and you have researched law school students' advice?! Wow... Thank you for that, really, I appreciate you being like this and opening this up to me," she said and let out another chuckle with Theo's face creasing on her first few sentences, "Now I really think Ginny has a very good influence in you. You should not give her a hard time. Apologize to her too, she's waiting for you."

"Why would she be in this conversation?"

It was an immediate furrow to her brows, "Aren't you still together?" she asked.

"No. I ended things with her immediately and I thought it was mutual," he said with a confused look on his face, "I mean she's great and all but I do not think we're good together. I feel like these days, I need to walk on thin ice just to say something to her."

Her lips draw a thin line and shake her heart like she's disappointed, "Fine. You guys do what you guys wanna do. Just go and fucking talk to her Theo—This is me talking to you as her friend. Make everything clear," she said, not wanting to sound disappointed when she is.

"Why are you mad at me? This is not my fault. I am also trying for us to work."

Lily held both of her hands up, "I didn't say anything, Theo. And for goodness sake, I am also her friend. Of course I will be disappointed in you, the girl is still hoping for the both of you to work."

His forehead creases, "Do you want us to work? Why? Did she said anything to you?" Theo asked.

"Nothing. I'm both your friend. I just want you guys to be happy."

Theo calmed after her answer, "I just feel like my past relationships—they don't really get me, you know," he said and stare straight to her eyes, "Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong people and finding something that they don't have... I'm tired of it all—of finding someone like you."

That answer felt like she had a cardiac arrest. Lily quickly picked up the atmosphere and laughed at him, "Bro... I know I'm perfect. But hey, what ate friends for? I can definitely find you someone who gets you," she said like she is trying too hard to hide any emotions that can be shown at this moment from her.

She was about to reach for her phone and tell him her goodbyes and pretend like she would be continuing her studies but he said, "I like you—Lily Lee. I... I love you."

Lily could not look at him.

"I love you since... Heck ever since my earliest memory of you. I love you ever since when your 12 years old self trying to put an all-nighters for me to graduate elementary school. You said you hated our old friend to death for confessing and said 'date other 100 girls and talk to me then if it's still me'. I am only on my 10th girl and went on dates then stopped but fuck... It's still fucking you. I love you. I love you so fucking much and I would rather grow old and bald as a single man than date another girl who's not fucking you."