💮 Chapter I 💮

No One's POV...

At Durham, at night it was raining. A noble walked with an umbrella, the noble had an appointment with some other noble. The noble prefers to walk than use his horse carriage, it's only a 25-minute walk from his residence.

He saw his 2 best friends, Benjamin Barton and his wife Michelle Barton who holding her son close to her. "Sir Barton, Miss Barton...what are you 2 doing out here on this rainy night? Is your son alright, he looks very sick," The noble says, then Barton replies "Archduke Adrian, thank goodness, please help my son, and yes he's very sick. Would you mind letting us borrow one of your doctors?"

Adrian wastes no time, as he leads them to his mansion, then 2 butlers and 4 maids come to them. "Arthur please tell Doctor Bryan Carston, to check Sir Barton's child. And June, Mary, Anna, Helena please prepare some clothes and some warm tea for our guests here."

They all bowed as Arthur showed Sir Barton and his wife to the medical room, as they reached the medical room, Arthur opened the door and saw Bryan and the other 7 doctors waiting for them. "Good evening sir and miss Barton, we can treat your son here. But we only need one of you, just to make sure that your child feels safe around us if you don't mind." Doctor Donnie explains.

"Miss Barton should be the one to be there with her son," Adrian says, he puts his hand on Sir Barton's shoulder, showing him that everything will be alright. Then Doctor Donnie lets Michelle inside the room, as Adrian and Barton will be waiting in the living room, and Adrian tells Barton to change his clothes.

Barton returned after changing his clothes, Adrian offered him some warm tea to calm his mind. Adrian started to speak, "Sir Barton, it will all be okay, my doctors will never give up on your son, not even a little bit.  Now could you please explain to me what happened to you?"

"My wife and I were trying to get to the hospital, but the doctor there was out of town to attend his daughter's wedding. Then we went to Viscount Belfor to let us borrow his doctor, to check on our son's condition, but he didn't even let us in. He said why would I help a commoner people like you." Sir Barton explains.

"I should have known," without Barton's notice, Adrian nodded at Arthur as Arthur bowed and left.  Adrian also gave the signal for the maids to leave them, "And you didn't do anything, you just stood there frozen and didn't dare to fight the Viscount." Adrian's words made Barton's eyes fill with tears.

"Enough about Viscount, let us return to see your wife and son's conditions." They both went to the medical to check on Barton's son. When they reached the medical room, they saw Michelle holding her son close to her, with tears of joy.

But Adrian could tell that Michelle still wanted revenge on Viscount Belfor, for letting their son almost near death, Sir Barton witnessed the scene in front of him making his heart full of joy and happiness. "Doctor Bryan, how's my son's condition?" Doctor Bryan smiles and starts to explain, "Your son's condition was so near to his end, but you lucky that sir Archduke Adrian came to you and took you to us just in time. Your son was a fighter, and that medicine will cure your son in no time, but I the medicine to bitter for your son to handle, just add some honey to relieve the bitter taste. But remember gave him his medicine after breakfast, lunches, & dinner."

Adrian sighs in relief, "Oh thank goodness, Thank you so much doctor, you've done well, all of you done well, and thank you all for your hard work." All the doctors bowed to their master in deep respect. "Archduke Adrian, thank you, thank you, thank you so much, for all of your help and for saving our son," Michelle says as she repeatedly bows her head to Adrian.

But Adrian stopped her before she bowed her head and said, "I'm just doing what I think is right, and it grateful for helping your son, we are grateful. And I'm sure one day there will be someone that will help you both get out from this dreadful place, away from the Viscount. In the meantime, you all need to hang on for a little longer, because I believe in faith. You should all head back, Aaron prepare the carriage and make sure they return safely."