"Because that's reality"

He continues kissing my cheek then slowly makes his way down to my neck,making my heart skip a beat with each kiss. Occasionally, his tongue would graze my skin, making my eyes widen.

I turn around in his arms, stopping his kisses which were reaching my neckline. I look up into his darkening blue eyes.

"You know, when I first met you that night, I never thought it would lead to this", I say, searching his eyes.

"Me neither, though when I saw you in the light at the end of our long walk , which we could have avoided by the way if someone hadn't been so overprotective...I just knew I had to see you again", he says, his voice low and I can't resist the urge anymore.

I place my hands on the side of his face, and stand up on my tip-toes, planting a soft kiss on his delicious lips. He doesn't let me pull back though, his arms tightening around my waist as our tongues meet, exploring each others mouth.

I run my hands through his soft hair, our kiss deepening with each second. He pushes me against the railing while his hands move to my thighs. He suddenly lifts me up and places me on the railing, all without breaking our passionate kiss.

He moves in between my legs, his hand on my back, the only thing keeping me from falling. Desire unfurls in my belly, making me let out a soft moan while Alec bites my lower lip, his clear blue eyes meeting mine.

"Dessert should be ready by now", I mutter when our long kiss ends, leaving us both breathless and a little flushed.

"I definitely know what I want for dessert", Alec mutters, his voice husky as he slowly licks his lower lip.

I blush and let my hands drop from his neck. I lean back on top of the railing and feel his arms firmly hold me in place while the wind caresses my hot and red face. If he lets go, I'd immediately fall off the railing but strangely, I'm not worried. I feel safe with Alec, and that's a feeling I'm not very used to.

After a minute, Alec sits me up straight once more.

"Let's go, I think I'm ready for dessert", I say, giving him a quick pat on the lips before he steps back, grinning and helps me off the railing.

The table is set with a huge fruit basket filled with every kind of fruit there is, a plate of little cakes, cookies, two cocktail glasses filled with avocado and strawberry juice and topped with whipped cream and in the middle of the table, a plate of creme burler catches my eye, which the waiter lights on fire while we sit down. The feast is as delicious as it looks.

I eat a bit of everything, unable to help myself.

"Try this", Alec says. He then moves his chair around the table so that he's sitting right next to me, then he holds out a big chocolate covered strawberry.

I flush but open up my mouth, relishing in the delicious sweet taste. Alec regards me with steel blue eyes while I gently bite on it, taking longer than necessary on purpose.

"My turn", says Alec, his eyes boring into mine but I quickly shake myself out of the spell I know I'll soon fall under.

"I want to know more about you", I say, averting my gaze to look at the water. I notice the boat is slowly going back the way it came.

"What do you want to know?", He asks, leaning back into his chair, amusement plastered on his chiseled face.

I think a bit about this before answering, wanting to ask him something that would tell me a lot about him. I pursue my lips, unable to come up with a question.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" I finally decide on and I know I surprised him. He raises both eyebrows, looks quizzically at me then slowly curls his lips, trying to hide his amusement.