In Danger Of Falling For You

I reach out a lazy hand to stop the annoying sound coming from my phone. With a lazy swipe, the sound finally stops, allowing me to close my eyes once more.

Flashbacks from yesterday flood into my mind, waking me up fully. I sit up, sighing and lean my head against the headboard of my bed.

"I knew he couldn't be as perfect as he seemed to be", I mutter to no one in particular, "It's always at my most happiest moments that the world sets off to get me."

I roll my eyes at my overly-dramatic words than lazily get out of bed, sighing once more. I grab a quick shower before getting dressed in a knee length white skirt with a simple black shirt. I contemplate wearing heels but then dismiss the idea, preferring plain black flats.

Anna has already laid out breakfast and I smile my appreciation. We eat mostly in silence, me lost in my thoughts and Anna focusing on her morning shows.

"How's it going with that executive in Vogue you once told me about?" I ask suddenly, feeling very selfish to not have asked her about it before. I'm greeted with a huge grin on her face at the mention of her crush.

"Great actually! I think he might really be into me!" She lightly claps her hands, making me laugh.

"I'm happy your love life is taking a happy turn", I say, regretting my choice of words because it just makes my already gloomy mood even worse. Anna frowns, concern etched on her face but I get up and gather my purse before she has the chance to ask further questions which will ultimately lead me to spill my fears and concerns and I just don't think I'm ready to face them yet.

I check my phone and notice that I have a good morning text from Alec. I ignore it and focus on making a mental list of all the things I need to buy today for my office.

The day passes quickly and before I know it, it's 5 o'clock and I'm heading to the mall. I check my phone once more to find one missed call and 3 text messages from Alec. I sigh then turn off my phone, wanting some space. I park near the entrance and hurry in, not wasting any time considering I only have about 2 hours before the stores start closing.

Darn Montreal and it's early closing hours.

First, I buy a set of mugs for the office, along with a few plates. Next, I spend quite some money on a couple of toys for the kids that come by. I grab a couple of snacks that I can keep in the cabinet underneath the coffee machine and finally, I find a couple of colorful pillows that will go perfectly with the couch at work.

I'm almost ready to head to my car when I notice a little frame on display at a gift shop. The frame is the same measures as the picture I printed of me and Alec and it's completely black, with a medium-sized white heart on the top-left. I stand in front of it, unsure, but at the end, I head in and buy the frame along with a simple black key chain.

   On my way out, I notice a red dress on display at a shop I've never been in before. I look at it multiple times before I hesitantly walk back to my car. I drop the bags in the back seat then get in. Before turning on the engine, I turn on my phone to notice 3 other missed calls from Alec. I sigh, knowing that I can't hide from him forever.

I finally get my shit together and call him. The line rings three times before Alec's concerned voice booms in my ear.

"Why haven't you been answering? Where were you all day? Are you ignoring me on purpose? I really hate when you do this." I sigh, placing my forehead on the wheel.

"I was busy at the mall. No and I know", I answer, knowing that my answer to the third question is a complete lie.

"Are you still coming to dinner with Melody and me?" He surprises me by asking and I'm getting ready to yell and hang up the line at him when suddenly, an idea pops into my head. A crazy idea. Instead of lashing out like I planned, I calmly respond that he can pick me up in an hour or so.