III

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Williams pov

William got in the car with the others and once everyone got in he started driving. He wasn't sure what made him feel obligated to go but he knew he had to. Merle was sitting next to him looking out the window. Glenn had been a few times but only ever by himself.

"So uhh what are we getting ourselves into Glenn?" Will asked just trying to break the silence.

"Hell." He said
"It's overrun and now a bunch of us are going. It's just not smart."

"Outstanding." Merle said rolling his eyes.

They drove from about on hour and then they saw what Glenn was talking about. It was bad. Walkers everywhere, dead bodies scattered around. Will immediately started to regret his decision but of Glenn could do it by himself then they could do it together. As they got closer they found a spot to leave the cars so they could sneak in. Once they found a spot they all got out and walked the rest of the way until they found a nice store to start at.

They searched for maybe 20 minutes before they heard gun shots. Will looked to Merle and T-dog who were the closest. Merle just shrugged and went to go find the stairs to go to the roof. T-dog was just as confused. Glenn went running up to the rooftop to find out what happened and Will followed with everyone else on his tail.
Glenn had the radio in hand when they got up there. Merle was standing off to the side shaking his head. They were all confused but Glenn had clearly seen something and maybe Merle too.

"What's going on here?" Andrea asked.

"There's someone in that tank." Glenn told them.

"Are you sure?" Will asked him.

"Yes I'm positive. I'm gonna try to talk to him maybe he'll hear it and we can get him out."

"There's no way Glenn look at it down there." T-dog piped in.

"There is a way I can get down there and help him."

"You want to risk your life for that idiot?" Andrea asked.

"Dude come on we have to!"
"Hey you, dumbass. Yea, you in the tank. Cozy in there?" Glenn said into the radio.

They had their conversation and before they knew it Glenn was on his way down to help him. Will was looking over the ledge to try and watch them. He needed everyone to make it back or that would be blood on his hands. He was leading this group and it was supposed to be a simple in and out trip.

After about 5 minutes of waiting to see Glenn and the random guy in the tank he spots the guy climbing out. He managed to climb out and down killing a few walkers on the way. Will couldn't see Glenn though and that was what was troubling him. The man went running down an ally that Will couldn't see and he could just hope that's where Glenn was.

"Guys!" Andrea yelled from the top of the stairs leading to the roof. Will didn't even notice that some of them had gone back down there. He looked back and they were all running down, hopefully Glenn had made it back.

When he got down there two of them were running out the back door with full gear on. He didn't know what was going on but then Glenn and the man ran in. The other two were still fighting off the walkers that were outside, it was only a few though. Glenn was doubled over trying to catch his breath while Andrea held a gun to the new guys face.

"Hey! Andrea! Stop!" Will ran over and pulled her off the new guy.

"We're all dead because of you!" She kept saying to the man.

"What are you talking about?" The man asked.

"It was supposed to be a simple in and out task that's it!" Someone yelled.

"What's your name-" Will went to go ask but they heard more gun shots.

They all looked around before someone said "Merle" and they all ran back up the stairs. Will didn't even notice that Merle didn't follow them but he wasn't shocked. When they got up to the rooftop they saw Merle shooting the walkers from the ledge. T-dog ran over and tried to get the gun from him, probably the worst thing he could've done. William just sat and watched for a minute while the two of them argued. He only stepped in at the first punch being thrown from T-dog, again probably the worst thing he could've done. He tried to contain Merle but the new guy beat him to it and cuffed him to the railing.

"Hey now I don't think that's completely necessary." Will tried to say but the new guy was already walking away.

They all started talking, trying to come up with a way to get out of this mess. Will saw the new guy give T-dog the key and thought this was another bad idea but didn't intervene. Maybe he should've but he didn't think much of it. About 20 minutes had passed and everyone came running back up. Everyone but the new guy and Glenn.

"Hey! Where's Glenn?" Will yelled.

"Look!" Andrea pointed down on the street. There he was. Glenn and the new guy covered on guts walking among the dead. That's just great Will thought.

"What the hell is happening?" Will asked.

"New guy had an idea." Andrea told him.

"And you listened to him!?"

"No one else had any ideas."
"Oh my- no they're leaving us!" Andrea started yelling.

"Oh we're all dead." Merle said.

Will started to panic a little bit but knew he couldn't just yet. He had to lead the group and he couldn't do that panicking. Then the radio went off and they could hear the new guy. He said they were coming back and to be at the back gate ready. The panic was gone. They all started running to get down there, leaving Merle in the process.

"Hey! You guys can't leave me. Please don't leave me, it ain't human man." Merle started yelling.

"I ain't going no where brother!" Will said.

T-dog stopped and looked at them both for a minute before turning to bring the key. He was running too fast though and he fell. When he fell he dropped the key in the process, down the tiny drain hole. How does that even happen William thought.

"Shit!" Will yelled.

"We got to go man!" T-dog yelled back.

"Go on! I can't leave him here!" Will told him.

And with that T-dog ran out the door and closed it in the way. Will thought he could hear a chain as well but couldn't be sure. There he was on the roof top stuck, with Merle. He didn't know how to get out of this one. He did know that he needed to stay calm though, but that wasn't easy.