II

"We can deal with introductions when we get there. For now you all should fit in the RV." Shane told everyone.

"Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't agree to this." An older man said quickly.

"Listen Dale, they're comin with us and gotta sit somewhere." Shane said losing his patience with the old man.

"There's room in the cars too."

"Dale!" A young girl yelled from inside the RV.

"Oh fine."

Shane led the group and they all piled in. Surprisingly they all fit even with the others in there. They started their drive to the quarry and in about 3 hours made it there with a little bit of sunlight left. Some started to collect wood for a fire tonight while others got the cars and the RV in good spots. When the sun finally set and it started getting dark everyone gathered around the pit. Shane and the little boy named Carl started to light a fire. Once they did and they started eating then it was time for introductions.

"So, why don't you all start with some introductions?" Dale suggested.

"What is this AA?" Merle said earning a smack to the leg from Delilah.

"My names William. That's Delilah and Merle. Damon, Daniel and Lydia there. And Octavia and Daryl." Will speaking up as no one else really had planned to.

Everyone from Shane's group introduced themselves with the expectation of those that were in the RV. Everyone seemed nice, Ed and his wife Carol seemed off but Carol was a seem lady and her daughter was well mannered. Carl had lost his dad and Lori her husband though she seemed to have moved on quickly. There was a guy named Nate that was really cool and Octavia could tell that she would get along very well with him and Glenn too. Andrea was kind of annoying and she didn't want to be around her any more than necessarily. Dale was actually a sweet old man and just really loves is RV. Speaking of that old RV, as soon as they got to the quarry it broke down and won't run now.

They all lived there for about a week when they realized they were going to run out of food and supplies soon. Daryl and Octavia went out for a hunt early one morning and were gone for about a day and a half. That made most of their family pretty nervous but they know of anyone was going to be just fine out in the woods it was those two. They were made for this world, always prepared for the worst and always on edge.

The others decided to schedule a run into the city. A few would go into the city and see what they could find and the first person to volunteer was William. He was always in charge of things at the shop so he volunteered to take charge and man the run. Shane was just happy someone with a brain would be going because he was not confident with the rest of them that volunteered. Shane gave him the keys to one of the running cars and they all got ready to go.

"What are we supposed to tell O when they get back?" Delilah asked Will when she found out they were leaving camp. She had already given Merle an earful but Merle didn't even want to go Will just needed someone he could trust with him.

"Tell her I'm helping the group just as she is." William told her and he put his stuff in the back of the car and closed the door.

"Will, please be careful and don't let Merle do anything stupid." She said to him.

"I will and he won't get the chance." Will smiled down at her.

With that Will got in the drivers seat while Merle got in the passenger seat and Glenn and Andrea got into the back. Everyone else got into the other car, they decided two cars would be better in case they find a lot. The city was basically overrun from day one and there would probably be a lot they just had to slip in and out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Octavia & Daryl pov

It had been a few hours since Octavia and Daryl had gone out hunting and they had circled back close to camp so they didn't lose track of where it was. They heard some people talking and stopped in their tracks