05. flowers and a stolen ribbon

CHAPTER FIVE: flowers and a stolen ribbon

Dinner time at Camp Half-Blood was always a food-fest but this time it seems that Mr

Dinner time at Camp Half-Blood was always a food-fest but this time it seems that Mr. D and Chiron had went all out.

"Brandi! You should sit with us!" Eryx motioned to the table where he sat at with Luke, Chris, the Stoll Brothers, & Annabeth. The Costa boy's words taking some time to register in Luke's brain as the boy's eyes filled with panic.

The ocean-eyed girl took a glance at her friends sitting at another table nearby, as they gave her thumbs up, effectively shooing the girl away.

"Go! You should be celebrating with your brother and teammates." Silena smiled as she teasingly made a shooing motion with her hands. "Yeah, I think Theo can handle being mercilessly attacked by both Silena and Clarisse without your protection for one night." Chris spoke up from across the mesh hall, earning a middle finger from the Arpaia boy.

The blonde girl sighed with a tired smile present on her face as she placed her tray of roasted chicken and mashed potatoes on the table, sitting down in between Luke and Annabeth.

"I think we should get some from the convenience store near the border." The onyx haired Rodriguez boy suggested with a mischievous grin painted on his face. "It would be fairly easy, Chiron and Mr. D usually fall asleep before most of the campers." Luke told the group.

"I'm down, I've been wanting some sour patch kids and lays." The daughter of Poseidon raised her hand, volunteering herself to go help smuggle in some alcohol into camp.

"And what money would you even use?" Luke quipped. "Well, I dont exactly have a couple of dollars floating in my wallet so if you would be a darling and help me 'thrift' some food then it would be much appreciated." Brandi spoke. "By thrift you mean theft." Eris spoke up, rolling his eyes at his sister.

"I'm down if you're down." Luke nonchalantly replied to the girl, while in reality, the boy was doing mental summersaults.

"I'll meet you an hour after dinner at eight at the Hermes cabin then." The girl announced as she finished up with her plate of roasted chicken, standing up to offer the remaining to the Gods. "See you there." Luke responded, unable to hide the smile on his face.