we have progressed as a society... [005]

3rd person

Jen
----------------------------

"What the actual fuck!?" She kicked the tiny mushroom man off the cliff that was conveniently beside her.

"Oh shit." Jen swore. "Shit, fuck, fuck, BANANA!" Jen ran to look over the side of the cliff.

"I just kicked a tiny mushroom man off of a cliff. Shit." Jen just stood beside the cliff. Frozen. As her mind tried to comprehend and catch up with her physical self.

'okay, we're all good Jen. Just in a fucking, ultra HD, vivid technicolour and eye sore of a universe' Jen thought to herself. 'im going to wake up and it's all going to be fine. Yup, all fine'

----------------------------
Back with bertha, Bob and Fred
3rd pov

The three of them stood on the bridge as they saw the music box bob to the surface.

"Where's Jen?" Fred asked, worried about his friend.

Bertha had a worried smile on her face as she desperately looked into the water "Jen's fine, she can hold her breath for a long time..." Bertha breathed in as she whispered under her breath "never for this long though.."

"What do you mean not for this long though!?" Bob yelled.  "Bob, she's gone" Fred whispered.

Bob had tears in the corner of his eyes. "No! She can't be! Jen's still alive, I know it!"

"BOB!" bertha shouted. "Give it up, she's gone. We need to accept that." She had tears running down her face but she made no sound, silently mourning the supposed death of her sister.

Fred walked around the bridge and to the river bank to fish the jack in the box out of the murky water. He looked up to see a heartbreaking sight.

"I- I need to leave..." Bob turned and left, running away somewhere.

Fred walked back up the bridge and stood beside Bertha as he set the jack in the box down on the railings.

"I'm sorry." Fred had no tears but a sad smile "but looks on the bright side, she won that bet y'all made to see who could see God first-"

Fred was put off by bertha punching him in the gut. "Don't joke about this" she said in a deathly tone. "You will never understand what I feel." Bertha walked off the other side of this bridge leaving Fred alone with the box in this mutated world.

"May as well get those nachos for myself"

Time skip 1 year.

Fred's pov

I haven't seen bertha and Bob for over a year. Jen's death really tore them up.

I swung side to side in my hammock.

Being in another world proved to be tricky on my own. All of my legal documents looked forged and fake, I couldn't get a decent job and worst of all, I was stuck with a jack in the box.

After a while of struggling on the streets I decided to venture into the forest beside the town in hopes of putting my Bear Gryll's knowledge to the test.

Lo and behold, it worked out. I have been living in the forest for over a year now, surviving on the non-toxic mushrooms and fungi along with the wild strawberries and blackberries that bloomed in certain months.

Whilst I lived on the streets I heard Bob's name throwm around. Apparently he, being the more sensible of us, successfully forged his legal documents, started a business and became a multi-millionaire.

Bertha, well Bertha he didn't hear about alot. He heard snippets from gangs and apparently she's the leader of a dangerous street gang. To be fair I knew she had warrior blood in her, especially after she lost her sister.

I still feel sorry for her, the grief was something he didn't experience that much for some reason. It felt like any other pain, like stubbing your toe. It hurt for a bit, but eventually faded.

I slowly closed my eyes as I thought about Bertha and Bob whilst I slowly fell asleep.

Dave pov

One year. That's all I needed to make myself a super duper awesome villain lair and research. A lot of research on that bloomin' jack in the box.

"I figured it out! It was a plane traveller. An object that had the capability to destroy worlds as we know it! The cartoon dimension I currently reside in is a world called fruig (froo-ig)."

I added pictures, sketches and data graphs to my bulletin board and connected some with strings as I muttered to myself eerily.

People always underestimate me. But when they turn their backs I say boo! And they go agh!

A maniacle grin rested on my face as I drew an x across the face of two figures on my wall.
,
"The key to my plan. Don't worry *redacted* and *redacted* your power will be in my clutches soon enough~"

I turned away with a knife in my hand, darkness enveloping my lean figure as I walk away.

-----------------
In another dimension

It had been seven years since Jen got sucked through the pipe.

It had been seven years since she last saw her sister.

It had been seven years since she saw the brothers.

It had been six years since she assassinated the mushroom king...

-------------------
Author's note

Man, I don't usually do stuff like this, but, the juicy plot thickens!
(⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠) Fear this story.

Until next time! :3