- WELCOME HOME

As we landed, Bruce got out of his seat and made his way out of the side plane door. Alfred and I followed, walking briskly to keep up with his fast pace.

"Any reason as to why you're in such a hurry?" Asked Alfred, a bit out of breath.

"I need to get started as soon as possible, I've been dead for seven years, Alfred. It's time I get back into the swing of things."

"Anything I can do to help?" I ask, picking up my pace and walking on his right.

"Yeah. Make sure I'm not dead and get me the profiles of the least corrupt officers in Gotham. Start with Sergeant Gordon."

"Consider it done."

As we approach a jet-black Bentley Arnage, Alfred makes his way to the drivers seat as I walk around the car. Bruce slides into the backseat and makes himself comfortable, and I sit myself in the passenger seat and pull out my laptop to begin my research into Sergeant Gordon and any other officers I could find.

I scoured for a while, finding names, badge numbers, anything I could get my hands on. After about two and a half hours of driving, listening to Alfred and Bruce catch up, I had collected a total of 43 names that were trustworthy, the majority of which belonged to the homicide devision.

I closed my laptop and turned to the two men. "So Bruce, I'd like to know your plan for taking on the entirety of the criminal underworld. It's a good idea, but how?"

"One man against an army I'd nothing. So I won't be man, I'll be a symbol. One to show others the way, one that'll strike fear into people's hearts, but also hope. Use my training to take them all down, one-by-one."

"Bruce, let me ask you a question. How many times have you been in a fight, where if you slip up, you die?"

He gulps slightly and stutters, but still keeps his confident persona somehow, "Three or four."

"You may have the skills, but you don't have the experience. When you go out, I am coming with you. I don't care if you're my boss. You're not winding up dead on my watch. I know the streets and rooftops of Gotham better than anyone, but the one thing I will say is do not underestimate your opponent and do not let your guard down. That's what gets you killed."

"You know I could fire you because of that? But, thanks."

"Try me."

He turns to Alfred and whispers, just loud enough I could hear, "I can see why you picked her."

----------------

We had arrived at Wayne Manor, so the three of us got out of the car and began walking up the steps, I was on Bruce's left and Alfred on his right.

As the imposing mahogany doors opened, we stepped inside to view that same majestic yet comforting interior. Old fashioned and antique furniture dotted about, with oil paintings of Lord this and Lady that.

I split from the two and made my way to my office in the southwest wing, a dark wood room lined with books and cabinets. A singular desk sitting in the middle, but pushed slightly towards the back.

Spruce chairs with red cushions sat either side of it, one for me and one for any visitor I may have, which is usually Alfred. All I had on my desk was a collection of files, a small clock, a few volumes of books, a printer, and a slightly wilted, deep red dahlia.

I placed my laptop down and opened it up, pressing print on the files. Photos, addresses, schedules, habits, anything I had on them. After roughly ten minutes of printing and rather a lot of paper, I had finally finished and rushed off to find Bruce.

I looked everywhere for him, but after twenty minutes without success, I encountered Alfred. "Oh! Alfred, sorry, would you have any idea where Bruce is, I still haven't fully wrapped my head around this place yet."

"I believe he is in his bedroom, my dear girl."

"Thank you." I say to him graciously, before dashing off to find Bruce's room. I stand in front of his door and knock politely three times.

"Come in," a slightly muffled voice says through the wood. I pushed open the door and sitting on the floor with a glass of orange juice, was exactly the man I had hoped to see, Bruce.

"I have the files you asked for." I say, brandishing the wad of papers I held in my hand.

"Perfect, just put them down next to me somewhere, I'll go through them." I place the papers down by his left side and turn to move out of the room. However, as I reach the doorframe, I turn and look at him.

"Anything else you need me to do?"

"No, not for now. I don't think so."

"Okay, welcome home, Mr Wayne." I walk out from the room and hear his voice call out.

"It's Bruce!"

"I know!" I shout back, not stopping.

This was going to be fun...