Episode Three: Part Seven

Demigoddess chased the glowing green gorilla as it sped through the corridors. Behind her, Elementus generated a whirlwind around his stone body and flew over her. Raising his hands, the stone man blew fire from his mouth as he altered the oxygen content of the air in front of him. This allowed him to direct a wave of fire to travel over the gorilla and ignite the floor in front of it.

The Gorilla stopped at the wall of flame and turned to flee, only to be met with Demigoddess. The red clad superhero grabbed the gorilla's head and began sucking out its body heat. The gorilla started punching her, but she was able to absorb the energy from each punch, leaving her unharmed.

Soon a layer of frost covered the gorilla's head, and that frost slowly but surely crept lower and lover, the gorilla's body getting stiffer and stiffer. After a minute, the entire beast was frozen solid, and Demigoddess pulled her hands away with a smug smile.

Elementus, hovering above her, then took a deep breath and blew out a frozen mist that extinguished the flames. Normally he'd just pull oxygen from the air to put out the fire, but Demigoddess was too close, and she needed that oxygen. When he finished, the corridor was filled with a layer of frost. Elementus then landed and turned to Demigoddess, scowling as the sound of his whirlwind faded.

"Alright," he said. "We got the gorilla. Now, can we..."

Before he could finish, they heard a sound, like a continuous bolt of lightning that went on for a few seconds. The two of them looked in that direction, surprised, until the lightning eventually stopped.

"What was that?" asked Elementus. "That sounded gigantic."

A moment later, Elementus got a message on his smartwatch. Once he checked it, the stone superhero gave a sigh of relief.

"They did it," he said. "They stopped the bomb." He gave her an angry look. "No thanks to you."

Demigoddess huffed, offended, "No thanks to you either. I didn't see you chasing after the bomb."

"I don't have any abilities that can disable a bomb. Even ice powers have countermeasures these days. Besides, Paramount asked me to keep an eye on you."

"And you just do what Paramount says like a good little errand boy," she said spitefully.

Demigoddess turned to walk away.

"Hey, I'm not done with you!" said Elementus. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I need some air," said Demigoddess.

"Now?" asked Elementus, incredulously as he started following her. "Right now?"

###

In the U.H.E. control room, people cried out in cheers once they had word that the bomb was disabled. Animage had smiled momentarily, but then went back to controlling insects around the hostage situation, her eyes closed as she focused. A moment later, Paramount contacted them, the room hushing to listen.

"This is Paramount," he said. "Where are Elementus and Demigoddess?"

"Just a second," said a technician, who frowned. "I see the creature that caused the generator leak frozen. I'll send a hazmat team to put it into cold storage. As for the superheroes...that's strange. Elementus seems to be following Demigoddess out of the building."

###

"You've always been like this," said Elementus, still in his stone form as he walked after Demigoddess. "Are you even capable of thinking before you act?"