pain.

Maya felt thousands of emotions struck her mind as she dug her face into her own lap and cried. She was sitting on a bench crying all to herself.

She felt betrayed, by the only man she ever loved. By the man whom she trusted the most. He betrayed her in the worst way possible. He took away her little source of happiness. He took away her brother, he may have been very harsh to her but he was still her brother.

She remembers the days she craved for care, for attention and her brother always give her that. It was because of numerous misunderstandings that he accused Maya of different things and hated her.

It was never his intention to hurt her, he always wanted happiness for her then why did Armaan kill him? Why did Armaan take away her brother from her!

Just why! She kept asking herself a thousand of questions and his words repeated in her mind that a flashback.

"He was danger for us." His words. We're that a lie? How could her own brother be their enemy? How could he be dangerous for her?

He was her savior. Her brother.

Most important of the questions was, "is Armaan a monster?" That question kept ringing in her mind, was Armaan doing this all for business so that he could get close to Zayn and kill him?

They were the biggest rivals but if Armaan can take her brother's life, he can also possibly take hers. She needs to stay from him as much as she can. That's what she promised to herself that she'll never ever let herself fall for a man again.

That was her promise to herself.

____

Armaan opened his eyes, and closed them as soon as the sunlight hit his face. He winced out and found himself laying on the cold floor of his room. He slowly sat up and wiped his eyes.

He felt unbearable pain in his head. What happened? He kept asking himself. Comes out, he was crying all night and slept through it.

He stood up and as soon as the reminders of the last night came back to his mind, he felt his heart burn. He slowly wiped the small tear that escaped from his eye before going towards the washroom to fresh himself up.

He came out and couldn't find his suit anywhere, so he shouted just like he always does.

"Babe, have you seen my Navy blue suit—" he didn't even complete it and stopped in between as he realized that he was saying. Everything was changed, now.

There was no Maya to care for him, to look for his suits for him. To help him with his tie. She was gone. She is gone, Armaan Vyas.

His mind kept saying to him as he tapped his head. "It's going to be fine." He told himself before looking for his suit.

He found it after what felt like years and wore it as he looked at himself in the mirror. He saw Maya's reflection in the mirror, and as a reflex action he looked behind him.

There was no one. No one. He was all alone. He took a deep breathe and tried calming himself down.

He looked at himself in the mirror as he spoke to himself.

"Maya will meet me in the office. I'll explain everything to her, she loves me too. She will understand me— and then everything will be fine." He told himself, before walking out of the mansion. 

_______

Office-

Armaan entered the office only to be greeted by the weird looks on his colleagues faces. He found it confusing but ignored it as he stepped into his office.

He quickly took his phone and dialed Gabar's number. As soon as he picked it, Armaan spoke in a calm yet dark voice.

"I want Maya Safeer in my office right now." He said on the phone and before Gabar could reply, he turned it off and waited patiently to see Maya Infront of his eyes.

He wanted to see her Infront of him, he wanted to smell her specific scent. Her hairs, which smelled like heaven to him. And don't forget about her eyes, he missed it so much just in one night. He wanted those beautiful pairs of eyes to look back into his with so much love like they did yesterday.

He kept waiting and waiting and after 3 minutes, Gabar stepped in. A smile formed on Armaan's face and it soon vanished as he saw Gabar's head hung low — a guilty look all over his face.

Armaan raised his eyebrows in confusion and stood up from his chair taking some steps closer to him.

"Where is Maya?" He asked looking behind him, even though he knew the truth that was going to disclose in a few seconds.

"Sir." Gabar said with a pitiful look all over his face. Anger formed in Armaan's eyes, his eyes turned into a darker shade of red as he now yelled at Gabar.

"I told you to being Maya Safeer with you! Where is she?!" He roared at Gabar who now flinched in fear before taking a deep breathe and letting it out.

"She has resigned from the job, Sir. This is her resignation letter." Gabar said hanging a piece of paper to Armaan as he opened his mouth wide.

He knew. He knew it was coming but this quick? He never expected it to be this quick. Her eyes full of anger now showed a thousands of emotions in one single sight. Tears formed in his eyes.

His lips trembling as he took the paper from Gabar. He felt his heart beat fasten. Everyone in his office that he was dating Maya they all felt bad for him.

"Sir, it will be fine. Don't w—" before he could complete, Armaan looked up at him and raised his finger at him.

"I want to be alone—" he yelled the first part as Gabar stared at him in fear.

"For sometime." He said in such a weak voice, that Even Gabar felt bad for him before leaving the office.

______