Hold Me

Aniya's POV

Today is the day. The day of my showcase. I was going crazy for the past week about what song I should do. With everything from Chris and I going threw all of our drama to my parents coming home it was seriously stressing me the fuck out. Music was my release. It's like the minute that I plugged my earphones in the whole world just goes away. This is the only time that I can honestly get everything out of my head. Deep down inside I know that I have to face everything face to face, but I honestly don't want to. I know it's sad, but I just want to lock everything up in a box and throw it away. I wish that all of this would just go away. I always told use to tell myself to forget about it. I would just simply say "Fuck it" and once I told myself this for a little while I would seriously forget about everything. Not this time though. Why do I have to keep stressing? Why cant I just let Chris go? Why is he always on my mind?

"Aniya your up next honey." my music teacher called out knocking me out of my thoughts.I walked out onto the stage and sat down on the stage. I fixed the microphone.

"Hi everyone, I just want to say thanks a lot for taking the time out and coming to this showcase tonight. It really means a lot. My name is Aniya and I'll be singing Hold Me by Janine and The Mixtape. I picked this song because I've been going threw a lot and the minute I heard this song I just felt like it was written just for me." I said sliding the earpiece into my ear. I signaled the sound guy to start the instrumental.

"Baby don't let me down.

Got a lot goin on right now.

And I need you to hold me (need you to hold me).

Baby don't let me down.

Got a lot goin on right now.

And I need you beside me (need you beside me)

And when it gets cold.

And I'm feelin kinda lonely I'm hopin that you're gonna put a cover on me.

When it gets cold.

And I'm feelin kinda lonely I'm hopin that you're gonna put a cover on meeee (oooooo)

Baby if I break down.

Will you catch my tears before they hit the ground (the grooouunnd).

Oh baby if I open my mouth.

And let my darkest memories come ooouut I need you to stick around (need you to stick aroound)

And when it gets cold.

And I'm feelin kinda lonely I'm hopin that you're gonna put cover on me.

When it gets cold.

And I'm feeling kinda lonely I'm hopin that you're gonna out a cover on meeee (Meeee) (Meeee, ohhhh)

Oh give me something good to feel.

Touch me so I know it's real.

Make it so I won't forget And take me far from my regret.

Oh give me something good to feel.

Touch me so I know it's real.

Never want to ask for help.

But I'm asking this time

Baby don't let me down.

Got a lot goin on right now.

And I need you to hold me.

Oh, baby don't let me down I got a lot goin on right now.

And I need you beside meeeee "

As I was singing I looked up to see Chris starring at me. He had to know that this song was for him. It felt so good to get all of this out. It felt as if a ten kind weight was lifted off of each of my shoulders and my chest. I don't know what's going to happen to Chris and I. Whether we're friends or lovers. But I do know that whatever outcome comes our way that I'll be fine with it. And the way that Chris just stormed out; I'm sure that he will be too.