Chp 7

Taehyun's eyes widened as he recognized Jeongin centered of the crowds. "Jeongin?" he whispered under his breath, gripping the pen he's holding.

Taehyun observed everything from afar, witnessing Beomgyu's pissed looked, griping his son's shoulder. He wanted to stand up on his seat, but he detested creating issues. Despite the two already disappearing from his sight, he could feel Yeonjun's intense gaze. Taehyun remained calm, choosing not to spare a glance towards his hyung who continued observing him. He resumed signing albums, and the crowd's cheers erupted again.

"That was random!" Kai exclaimed, holding the fan's gift, as they sat inside the company's car after their fan meeting.

Suga sighed, starting the car engine. "I hope this incident doesn't become a huge issue."

"Why do you think that, Suga-hyung? It was cute!" Kai chimed, hugging himself and earning disbelieving faces from his hyungs.

Taehyun, on the other side, gripped his jeans nervously, wondering if Yeonjun found the situation weird. His own predicament answered.

"Hmm... Yup, it was cute." Yeonjun bluntly replied.

Taehyun sensed Yeonjun's death stares through his peripheral vision, gulping as he turned his head to look outside the window.

"Finally, I can peacefully rest in peace~" Soobin muttered, slouching back in his seat and drifting to sleep within seconds.

"Woah! Soobin-hyung is a fast sleeper!" Kai mused, looking at him. Yeonjun hummed in return, still watching Taehyun.

Kai noticed the two and secretly chuckle at the back.

After reaching their dorm, Suga bid them farewell and returned to the company. Entering the room, Soobin let out a tired yawn. While, Kai eagerly opened the refrigerator to grab his favorite grape juice, and Yeonjun and Taehyun followed suit. Soobin settled on the couch, crossing his legs, while Yeonjun and Taehyun unitedly took seats as well.

Yeonjun couldn't shake off the curiosity about the incident earlier. "So, Taehyun, spill the beans. What happened back there with the kid shouting 'Appa' at you?" Yeonjun inquired, his gaze piercing through Taehyun.

"It seemed like he was desperate for your attention." he ended.

Taehyun sighed, realizing he couldn't keep it to himself any longer. "Well, remember last time, I got late in our practice? I randomly helped a kid who bumped at me and called me 'Appa.' The next thing I know, I'm in the middle of a chaotic situation."

Yeonjun's eyes widened in surprise, joined by similar expressions from Soobin who's already wide awake and Kai, who had returned with his grape juice.

"Seriously? A random kid just called you 'Appa' out of nowhere?" Yeonjun secretly hiding his laugh.

Taehyun nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, it was unexpected. I guess I just looked like someone's dad, and things got out of hand."

Kai chuckled, finding the situation amusing. "Well, that's a unique fan encounter. You're officially a dad now, Taehyun!"

Soobin grinned, "Looks like you got your own little fan club."

Yeonjun, however, maintained a thoughtful expression. "But that kid seemed desperate to gain your attention. Did you notice that?"

Taehyun sighed, "Yeah, it felt strange. That kid was really eager, and I tried to find out what was going on, but I don't have enough time, that day."

Yeonjun's gaze intensified. "I don't know, it just felt odd. We need to be careful; things like this can escalate quickly."