Chp 3

"I'm Taehyun."

Beomgyu immediately looked at the unknown man who had helped them and stayed with them to make sure they got home safely.

He looks familiar. No! It can't be...
Those brows and eyes...

Beomgyu squinted his eyes and wondered when he finally saw the man's face under the streetlight. He stared for a moment at the man's alluring orbs, trying to figure out if the man might be someone he knew.

"May I know your name too?" the man asked, breaking his deep thoughts.

"A-Ah... Beomgyu. Choi Beomgyu." he stammered, shyly looking away. His son chuckled at him while shaking his head cutely.

The moment was interrupted when his son spoke up, making Beomgyu want to dig his own grave immediately.

"Appa! Please, don't leave us!"

What?!   Beomgyu looked at his son in disbelief, he choked in his own saliva, covering his mouth.

Taehyun raised his eyebrows, still looking calm even though he was internally confused.

"Jeongin! What are you saying?!" Beomgyu immediately held his son's shoulders, closing their gaps. But Jeongin still faced Taehyun.

So, this kid's named Jeongin, huh... Cute.  Taehyun smiled. But Beomgyu and the child couldn't see it.

"What? Appa helped us, Eoppa, we can't leave him alone~" Jeongin replied, pouting. Beomgyu looked at him with wide eyes and scrunching eyebrows.

"Eoppa?" Finally, Taehyun spoke up, earning Beomgyu's attention.

Beomgyu awkwardly chuckled and warmly said, "Eoppa means Eomma and Appa."

Taehyun looked at him in shock.

So he's a single parent?   Taehyun wondered.

Now I understand why this kid calling me Appa. Tsk, what an adorable child.

"U-Uhm... Eoppa raised me alone! Eoppa is so good! He buys me toys and yummy foods!" Jeongin exclaimed when he noticed Taehyun's complex stares.

Beomgyu gripped his son's shoulders in second-hand embarrassment, but only the shirt. His action made him look like he's hurting his son, as Jeongin slightly reacted to it, looking at his wrinkled clothes.

Taehyun seemed to notice it, but he didn't know what was going on in his view. This made him cautiously held the kid's wrist, making the child broke Beomgyu's hold and walk towards him in confusion.

Beomgyu looked at them, still in shock and speechless. What is his son even doing? Beomgyu completely lost his thoughts on what his son attempting to do. He looked at his son, who was in between the man's knees since Taehyun was crouching down, caressing Jeongin's hair.

Jeongin is smiling...

Beomgyu's heart clenched, seeing his son warmly smile at the man wearing a mask. Despite not being able to see the man's face fully, he could clearly read that the man was sweet and warm because he trusted his son instinct.

He looks comfortable...

"Eoppa!" Jeongin exclaimed, making Beomgyu and Taehyun look at him.

"Can we invite Appa to our house?" he added cheerfully.

"What?!" They both replied in unison.